Dunning

NCsoxfan

I was pretty loud in the offseason about how I thought the trade for Lynn was a bad move. Thought Dunning would take a big step forward and be close to as good as Lynn (or better!).

Boy was I wrong. Obviously not only has Lynn played well, but he was extended. Meanwhile Dunning has looked pretty pedestrian (unless I’m missing something). 

Well done to Sox front office here!

19 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

I was pretty loud in the offseason about how I thought the trade for Lynn was a bad move. Thought Dunning would take a big step forward and be close to as good as Lynn (or better!).

Boy was I wrong. Obviously not only has Lynn played well, but he was extended. Meanwhile Dunning has looked pretty pedestrian (unless I’m missing something). 

Dunning is pretty young and could still get a lot better, but even if he does it was still a good trade.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Hahn praise is expressly forbidden and ban-worthy on soxtalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Dunning has been worth 2 fWAR and has a 3.69 FIP in 107.1 IP. Over a full workload that's a 3-4 WAR pitcher. My argument was always that I'd've preferred a package centered around Steiver, and I still think the Sox would be better off having both Dunning and Lynn.

Your argument was over a fictional trade that you don't even know would have happened? When you're getting upset about fictional scenarios you invented in your head, it might be time to step away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Dunning has been worth 2 fWAR and has a 3.69 FIP in 107.1 IP. Over a full workload that's a 3-4 WAR pitcher. My argument was always that I'd've preferred a package centered around Steiver, and I still think the Sox would be better off having both Dunning and Lynn.

Dunning was always going to be a decent 4th starter maybe a good 3rd eventually you don't get a player like Lynn for Steiver, you get one for a player like Dunning.

2 hours ago, Dam8610 said:

Too bad you can't force teams to accept lesser talent in trades. 

• Like 1