9-19-21 White Sox Winner !! 7-2 over Texas

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Grandal hit a solo HR and walked, Abreu with 2 hits and 2 RBI to tie Salvy Perez for the RBI lead. Sheets with a double and 2 walks, Leury 2 5 with 2 RBI, Cesar 1 for with a walk and 2 RBI.

Good start by Gio 5.1 IP, 1 BB, 4 K ,1 ER

Bummer .2 IP, 0 ER, 1 K

Kopech back to back games 1.0 IP, 0 R, 1K

Wright, 2.0 IP ,1 R, 1H ,1 BB ,1K and lots of people calling for his head in the game thread for apparently no reason. It's not like he's going to be on the post season roster.

Sox take 2 of 3 from Rangers All good starts by  Lynn, Cease and Lucas G.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

Bummer's last 7 games: 5.2 IP, 1H, 8 SO, 0 BB

Part of I think what people are forgetting about the Kimbrel trade is that it eases the strain on people like Bummer.  I don't think it's a coincidence that Bummer and Crochet have pitched better since that trade.  The pressure isn't there for them to be THE GUY.  They just have to be key part of the bullpen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Part of I think what people are forgetting about the Kimbrel trade is that it eases the strain on people like Bummer.  I don't think it's a coincidence that Bummer and Crochet have pitched better since that trade.  The pressure isn't there for them to be THE GUY.  They just have to be key part of the bullpen.

I think this is a wise post.  Overall, you’d think this group should probably give up less runs than most other bullpens.

Unfortunately games are won and lost over 1 run and a guy shitting his pants.  

In theory though, this group is deep and throws really, really hard.  

9 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Huh?  You're thinking too much.  Certainly way more than Bummer or Crochet.  Or anyone else.

11 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

They came very close to a sweep in that awful ballpark. That is good news.

It really is awful. I can’t believe they spent like a billion dollars on that monstrosity. 

I went all three games. The place from the outside looks either like a giant outdoor grill, or a warehouse, I can’t decide which. 

Inside, it reminiscent of Minute Maid Park, without any of the charm. 

I had seats in the second row of the main level, which is not the field level. Field level seats all run in the hundreds of dollars per ticket, and I honestly can’t believe anyone pays it. So the main level is like 20 or 30 feet above field level. The view was fine, it just felt odd to be so high up in seats that good. 

The food offerings are sparse. Very little of note, and nothing to even come close to competing with Comiskey. So much wasted space on the concourse, where in Chicago you’d have a half dozen additional small stands offering interesting food, here there’s just…empty space. 

Lots more bars than Globe Life Park, which was good. But almost every bar (they’re almost all 30 or so feet long) have a diagonal support beam in the middle of them, which the bartender has to duck around if they need something from the other end. I asked one bartender if she ever hit her head on it, and she said “all the time.”  Just a stupid design. 

The seats are very thin, akin to what they’re putting on discount airlines. And they’re a bit bendy, so when the person sitting in front of you shifts position, your drink, if it’s full and in the attached cupholder, tends to slosh. Maybe this happens elsewhere, but I don’t recall it being so pronounced. 

On a positive note, they do have a flat spot most of the way around the concourse where you could stand and watch from the concourse and have a “table” as it were for your food and drink  

I had fun watching the Sox take 2/3, but spent much of the time dismayed at the staggering waste of so much money to build that place. It could have, and should have, been so much better. 

Edited by XplodingScorbord
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, XplodingScorbord said:

It really is awful. I can’t believe they spent like a billion dollars on that monstrosity. 

I went all three games. The place from the outside looks either like a giant outdoor grill, or a warehouse, I can’t decide which. 

I had seats in the second row of the main level, which is not the field level. Field level seats all run in the hundreds of dollars per ticket, and I honestly can’t believe anyone pays it. So the main level is like 20 or 30 feet above field level. The view was fine, it just felt odd to be so high up in seats that good. 

The food offerings are sparse. Very little of note, and nothing to even come close to competing with Comiskey. So much wasted space on the concourse, where in Chicago you’d have a half dozen additional small stands offering interesting food, here there’s just…empty space. 

Lots more bars than Globe Life Park, which was good. But almost every bar (they’re almost all 30 or so feet long) have a diagonal support beam in the middle of them, which the bartender has to duck around if they need something from the other end. I asked one bartender if she ever hit her head on it, and she said “all the time.”  Just a stupid design. 

The seats are very thin, akin to what they’re putting on discount airlines. And they’re a bit bendy, so when the person sitting in front of you shifts position, your drink, if it’s full and in the attached cupholder, tends to slosh. Maybe this happens elsewhere, but I don’t recall it being so pronounced. 

On a positive note, they do have a flat spot most of the way around the concourse where you could stand and watch from the concourse and have a “table” as it were for your food and drink  

I had fun watching the Sox take 2/3, but spent much of the time dismayed at the staggering waste of so much money to build that place. It could have, and should have, been so much better. 

Interesting—I was just there a week ago for the first time.  Didn’t go inside but was shocked at how horrible it looked from outside.  It looks so much worse than the “old” place (still standing right next door) I did a triple take.  The new park actually looks like the older one somehow.  Looks almost run-down already, and very Soviet-style.  I asked the Uber driver “so that big warehouse-looking thing is the old one, right?”  Couldn’t believe when he said it was the brand new one.

1 hour ago, XplodingScorbord said:

100 degree games at the old park sucked, but while this new one might be comfortable, it just doesn't feel like a baseball stadium. 

Had they made the old one have a retractable roof, they wouldn't have needed this new stadium so quickly. 

Edited by chw42

2 hours ago, RibbieRubarb said:

We love the park and love going to games there. And if you can't find good food there or in Texas, thats on you.

I’m not saying there was no good food, just that the options were surprisingly sparse and unvaried given the available space. I’d estimate guaranteed rate field has triple or quadruple the options on the main concourse. 

22 minutes ago, XplodingScorbord said:

I’m not saying there was no good food, just that the options were surprisingly sparse and unvaried given the available space. I’d estimate guaranteed rate field has triple or quadruple the options on the main concourse. 

For as many outstanding High School and College players as the state of texsa (sic)  produces, Dallas, and even sometimes Houston exhibit exceptionally low baseball IQ re: MLB caliber play and the MLB stadium experience.
"OK so this guy just hit one out of the park, so why is it only worth 4 points? In football that is worth 6. Is 4 some kind of big deal? Sometimes it isn't even worth 4 - I don't get it" .

Edited by FoxForce2

3 hours ago, XplodingScorbord said:

Sox Park has always had the best food. 

But with the park and Texas Live next door. There are some really nice options.