Giants/Dodgers final 12 games

flavum

Both teams play Tuesday-Sunday the final two weeks. Giants one game lead. Would host game 163.

LA- 3 at Col, 3 at Arz, 3 vs SD, 3 vs Mil

SF- 3 at SD, 3 at Col, 3 vs Arz, 3 vs SD

Hope the opposition gives it their best. Should be good…and then everyone is a Cardinals fan on October 6th. 

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1

So glad divisions championships mean a great deal, should be an incredible final two weeks. Next year, this could be pretty much meaningless. Some of these division/pennant races were as or more memorable than the World Series, and are recalled to this day.

Historically, the National League had a three game tie-breaker and the American League a single game winner take all, which was consolidated when the separate league offices were combined under the Selig coup d'etat in 1999.

Bold & Italics = World Series Champion

• 2021 NL West San Francisco (97-53) vs. Los Angeles (96-54)
  • 2020 AL Central Minnesota (36-24) over Chicago & Cleveland (both 35-25)
  • 2018 NL Central (Game 163) Milwaukee (96-67) over Chicago (95-68) and NL West (Game 163) Los Angeles (92-71) over Colorado (91-72)
  • 2008 AL Central (Game 163) Chicago (89-74) over Minnesota (88-75)
  • 1978 AL East (Game 163New York (100-63) over Boston (99-64)
  • 1959 NL Pennant (Games 155 & 156) Los Angeles (88-68) over Milwaukee (86-70)
  • 1951 NL Pennant (Games 155-157) New York (98-59) over Brooklyn (97-60)
  • 1948 AL Pennant (Game 155) Cleveland (97-58) over Boston (96-59)
  • 1946 NL Pennant (Games 155-156) Saint Louis (98-58) over Brooklyn (96-60)

18 hours ago, flavum said:

Both teams play Tuesday-Sunday the final two weeks. Giants one game lead. Would host game 163.

LA- 3 at Col, 3 at Arz, 3 vs SD, 3 vs Mil

SF- 3 at SD, 3 at Col, 3 vs Arz, 3 vs SD

Hope the opposition gives it their best. Should be good…and then everyone is a Cardinals fan on October 6th. 

Rockies are 45-27 at home. They could mess things up for one or both, though I guess technically if they mess things up for both they really aren't messing things up.

22 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

It will be tough for one of these teams being a wild card with over 100 wins.

I’ll definitely be rooting for the Cardinals to beat the Dodgers, because they’re the champs and it potentially helps the Sox. If it’s the Giants in the wildcard, I’d rather see them make it, and have a LA-SF division series. 

1 hour ago, flavum said:

I’ll definitely be rooting for the Cardinals to beat the Dodgers, because they’re the champs and it potentially helps the Sox. If it’s the Giants in the wildcard, I’d rather see them make it, and have a LA-SF division series. 

I actually think any wild card with over 100 wins should have HFA against  a division winner with less wins. A team with over wins travelling to play a division winner is absurd. Regular season should mean something.

2 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I actually think any wild card with over 100 wins should have HFA against  a division winner with less wins. A team with over wins travelling to play a division winner is absurd. Regular season should mean something.

I’m definitely in favor of no divisions/balanced schedule and let the seeds fall where they should, but this is the whole point of having divisions matter. If you don’t win, you’re a wildcard no matter what the record is. 

• Like 1

If I am Milwaukee I am not throwing Woodruff/Burnes/Peralta against the Dodgers in the last series. If anything 2-3 innings to keep the arm fresh but not giving the Dodgers hitters a look at what they may be seeing in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raBBit said:

If I am Milwaukee I am not throwing Woodruff/Burnes/Peralta against the Dodgers in the last series. If anything 2-3 innings to keep the arm fresh but not giving the Dodgers hitters a look at what they may be seeing in the playoffs. 

I agree.