9/20/21 White Sox @ Tigers 5:40pm

That funky motion

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I've been worried for awhile that when the time came, Hahn would trade away the wrong guys....might've happened here and for not only a shitty return, but maybe a devastating return that hurts the team.

I really think they looked at the gear Rodon was having as well as the other starters and figured they would never come close to this again so they went for it- So much for having that long window of opportunity that Hahn talked about

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Relievers are so volatile except for a couple of the best of the best in their primes. Kimbrel had already shown major regression over 4 years..he had one nice 30 inning stretch. Ill never get over the fact that we could have had Kimbrel for FREE in the off season and the cubs would have likely paid a little salary to trade him. 3 months later were trading two nice pieces and paying the bill..unreal

I just don’t get how he came here and lost his fastball. Between that and Cesar losing his power, what the hell happened 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’ve heard rumblings they didn’t make him available to the Sox

Hahn and Jed Hoyer clearly love trading with each other. When the Kimbrel trade happened, the Cubs *could* have been trading the guy who would be on the mound when the Sox won the World Series. It seems odd you'd be willing to make that trade, plus Tepera, but not Bryant. Especially when the Sox obviously could have exceeded what the Giants offered.

• Like 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

It's hard to get excited about magic numbers right now. Not the ideal way of heading into the post season. Too much meh and blah going on. 

I really haven't given the Sox a ton of attention on a nightly basis.....but it's hard to ignore this team is going through more than just "the dog days" at this point. 

They really do seem to be limping to the finish line, and I have serious questions if they can just flip the switch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chisoxt said:

I really think they looked at the gear Rodon was having as well as the other starters and figured they would never come close to this again so they went for it- So much for having that long window of opportunity that Hahn talked about

Oh I think the window has still just begun, but it was a foolish trade.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Relievers are so volatile except for a couple of the best of the best in their primes. Kimbrel had already shown major regression over 4 years..he had one nice 30 inning stretch. Ill never get over the fact that we could have had Kimbrel for FREE in the off season and the cubs would have likely paid a little salary to trade him. 3 months later were trading two nice pieces and paying the bill..unreal

The main problem with the Kimbrel trade is that we paid too much, and we did not actually need him.  We needed a good RF instead. We could have won just as easy without Kimbrel.  We already had Kopech, Bummer, Hendriks, Tepera, Crochet...  this will turn out to be one of the worse Sox trades ever.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

I just don’t get how he came here and lost his fastball. Between that and Cesar losing his power, what the hell happened 

Any coaches & trainers that've been around for the last 10 years need to be replaced, the environment surrounding this team isn't serious, there's no preparedness on a day to day basis, none of these guys bring their A game every single day except Robert and he will start looking like the typical 2007 to 2021 Sox player soon enough

Just now, Timmy U said:

Operation Back into the Playoffs, engaged!

1 minute ago, White Sox Park said:

That Kimbrel trade was just the type of thing that Ken Williams would have pulled off . it was just so like him.

I swear to God when Hahn was out of the room kenny grabbed Hahn’s phone disguised as voice and made the deal himself- 

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

Can we please DFA Goodwin. I am so sick and tired of seeing him come up during important at bats and, again, doing what he did tonight, a shit ground out. 

He had that one walk off, so that makes him . . . .  1 for 100 in big at bats this season. 

Engel is back tomorrow. So you may see a lot less of him the last 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Any coaches & trainers that've been around for the last 10 years need to be replaced, the environment surrounding this team isn't serious, there's no preparedness on a day to day basis, none of these guys bring their A game every single day except Robert and he will start looking like the typical 2007 to 2021 Sox player soon enough

I wonder how much of a crony atmosphere exist on the training staff