9/20/21 White Sox @ Tigers 5:40pm

That funky motion

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Tatis Jr, Semien, Madrigal. Is anybody being held accountable?

I mean honestly, besides Lynn, has Hahn made any good trades for veterans? We can give the FO credit for making good trades for prospects, but our trades for veterans almost never work out and we always overpay. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Tatis Jr, Semien, Madrigal. Is anybody being held accountable?

We’ve always seem to prefer older veteran players over young players -we give up too quickly on young players- Daniel Hudson, Marcus Semien, Nick Madeigal -the list goes on and on

But we can’t get enough of the Todd Frazier’s and Melky Cabrera’s

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Maybe they’re not nearly as good as a lot of people think?

They have a lot of talent.  They don’t have any clubhouse leaders though.  The closest thing we have is Grandal and TA.  He can’t carry the team by himself. 

Edited by Green Line

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

They have a lot of talent.  They don’t have any clubhouse leaders though.  The closest thing we have is Grandal and TA.  He can’t carry the team by himself. 

Another guy online who knows how to identify a good leader in professional baseball while sitting home on his couch. Amazing stuff.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 3

Just now, Green Line said:

TA has been invisible outside of the Field Of dreams game (which was good).  Didnt carey any momentum from that though.

Maybe his personal problems are affecting him.  Maybe we need to sit Liam in the dugout more often.  He can light a fire on the guys including TLR

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

You’re amazing yourself.  Please keep educating us all.

No, please. You and Joe are on a roll. Tell me more about how they prepare, and how much they care... and what exact leadership qualities you haven't seen with your inside look at the clubhouse and practice and etc. I'm on the edge of my seat.

People think that trying hard and success are the same thing. It's hilarious.

Guys, just try harder and you'll do better. everyone knows that.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chisoxt said:

We’ve always seem to prefer older veteran players over young players -we give up too quickly on young players- Daniel Hudson, Marcus Semien, Nick Madeigal -the list goes on and on

It's the KW way. 

4 minutes ago, chisoxt said:

Hahn's veteran free agent signings have generally been very poor as well. Hendriks and Grandal especially are looking like wins. Grandal might end up being one of the best veteran acquisitions in franchise history. But in general, Hahn & the Sox entire major league scouting department has been piling up misses for over a decade.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No, please. You and Joe are on a roll. Tell me more about how they prepare, and how much they care... and what exact leadership qualities you haven't seen with your inside look at the clubhouse and practice and etc. I'm on the edge of my seat.

People think that trying hard and success are the same thing. It's hilarious.

Guys, just try harder and you'll do better. everyone knows that.

You know nothing about The Will To Win.  Sit back and learn something, you might like it.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, chisoxt said:

Forget Madrigal. Second basemen are a dime a dozen. Semien is the current lament. My gosh, what a nice career. Sox blew it with him and obviously that guy on the Padres. Avi had years left, too. Avi was underrated.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Maybe his personal problems are affecting him.  Maybe we need to sit Liam in the dugout more often.  He can light a fire on the guys including TLR

I’m wondering if his extended absences have more to do with these other issues 

32 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Bad day beyond the loss on the field. We don't know if we'll have a good Rodon in October, Kimbrel sucked again so who knows when he'll ever get back to being good, and Hernandez basically cost us the game by playing horrendous defense. Hahn's deadline has been a massive failure. Nothing we've seen so far suggests that Kimbrel and Hernandez will contribute positively in October. 

+1000000. Honestly, I’m just ready to move on from Cesar. Dude sucks. He adds nothing. With Engel back, just let Leury play 2B. At least he plays with some fire.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Hahn's veteran free agent signings have generally been very poor as well. Hendriks and Grandal especially are looking like wins. Grandal might end up being one of the best veteran acquisitions in franchise history. But in general, Hahn & the Sox entire major league scouting department has been piling up misses for over a decade.

Be careful with such a ringing endorsement of Grandal. There are still a contingent of posters here who thinks he is terrible!