9/20/21 White Sox @ Tigers 5:40pm

That funky motion

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Forget Madrigal. Second basemen are a dime a dozen. Semien is the current lament. My gosh, what a nice career. Sox blew it with him and obviously that guy on the Padres. Avi had years left, too. Avi was underrated.

Even Avi would have looked mighty good at RF for the Sox now.

Anderson, Grandal and Hendricks are the leaders on the team. However, I don’t know if Anderson and Grandal are talking to the team enough in the dugout. I think they are more leaders on the field and trying to carry this team with their play. Anderson is distracted this year with his off the field issue so he’s not focused. Hendricks on the other hand seems like the type to talk both on the field and also in the dugout. We should sit him in the dugout more and see if that will light a fire under this team.

Edited by maloney.adam

When we inevitably clinch some time later this week, this team will literally have nothing to play for for the next 1.5 weeks. Houston is probably gonna be 4-5 games up on us soon. If you guys thought the play has been sloppy recently, wait until there's literally nothing to play for mathematically. I think I might just take a nice vacation from the team until October 7th.  

Edited by chw42

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

When we inevitably clinch some time later this week, this team will literally have nothing to play for for the next 1.5 weeks. Houston is probably gonna be 4-5 games up on us soon. If you guys thought the play has been sloppy recently, wait until there's literally nothing to play for mathematically. I think I might just take a nice vacation from the team until October 7th.  

I will just hope they get some guys getting hot during that time and stay healthy.  Put Eloy at DH every game and don’t let the core guys run hard.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Anderson, Grandal and Hendricks are the leaders on the team. However, I don’t know if Anderson and Grandal are talking to the team enough in the dugout. I think they are more leaders on the field and trying to carry this team with their play. Hendricks on the other hand seems like the type to talk both on the field and also in the dugout. We should sit him in the dugout more and see if that will light a fire under this team.

I saw that Hendriks brought up how the team coasted last year and that was one of the reasons we lost to the A's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

A lot of people also think Madrigal wasn't good. It doesn't make them right.

production is production.

Haha yeah I’m just joking around. Grandal is a stud and was quite literally the best fit for this ball club when they signed him. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

The trades are not the issue with this team.  The inability of the offense to put consistently good at bats/games together are the main issue.  3 hits Saturday and 5 tonight.   This will be why they go home quickly as it was last year.  

They cannot hit any bullpen. 

We need to play more small ball, putting the ball in play, putting runners in motion/avoiding DPs, moving the runners over, going the other way, cut down on 2 strike swings, not swinging for the fences on every pitch, working counts,taking walks.  The way we are playing now unless we are hitting homers, it is hard to win.

Just now, fathom said:

There would be no games played if everyone who cheated in pro sports took time off

For sure, but TA certainly seems to be a family man and I can see that fucking with his psyche. Bummed to hear that honestly. Hope he’s able to clear his mind.

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I saw that Hendriks brought up how the team coasted last year and that was one of the reasons we lost to the A's.

Yeah he did an interview on the MLBNetwork and mentioned this. I think he’s talking to the guys but for some reason they don’t have him sitting in the dugout more which is where I think he needs to be right now. 

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, fathom said:

There would be no games played if everyone who cheated in pro sports took time off

TA's mistake was letting his cheating become public. Most athletes wives know exactly what they signed up for. They tell their husbands I know your going to cheat just don't let it become public and embarrass me. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Bryant is/was literally the perfect player for this team and he went for 25% of what the Sox gave up for Kimbrel. It will never make sense to me how the Sox didn't end up with him.

Maybe the Sox didn’t want to deal with Boras?  Bryant was ideal complement , good power, fly ball hitter with upper cut swing.  Can play several positions including RF. And we needed him. We didn’t need Kimbrel.

3 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

TA's mistake was letting his cheating become public. Most athletes wives know exactly what they signed up for. They tell their husbands I know your going to cheat just don't let it become public and embarrass me. 

Ummmm I highly doubt this is how most athletes wives feel lol. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

For sure, but TA certainly seems to be a family man and I can see that fucking with his psyche. Bummed to hear that honestly. Hope he’s able to clear his mind.

MLB was priming TA to be one of the main faces of baseball.  TA was in line for more endorsements particularly after the FOD game.  All this is in jeopardy now.