9/20/21 White Sox @ Tigers 5:40pm

That funky motion

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

How about Starling Marte?

That would have worked.  With either of these two in the OF , Sox would have had HFA for sure.  We would not have had to play scrubs like Goodwin in the OF which cost us some games. This was a real need and every game contributor, not another reliever which we did not need.

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

September 20th and the team is still playing like ass.  Would be really nice to see them wake the fuck up before they coast to a 1st round exit. 

We should play our playoff lineup, until we right the ship.  No more fucking resting around.  If you are physically able to play, you play.  You don’t want to coast into the playoffs again.  We need to be in full gear.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

The 1-run losses where the Sox don't hit to bad teams that the Sox have experienced over the last couple of weeks are annoying.  The coup de grace was the work of Hahn's midseason acquisitions.

Need to play more small ball in those close games with the Guys that are thumping it.

27 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yep the lady exposed messages and all. She had him by the balls. 

When you consider that a big part of the TA ‘brand’ is his wife Bris with all of their charity work, I’m not sure how this could not be a huge distraction 

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

We should play our playoff lineup, until we right the ship.  No more fucking resting around.  If you are physically able to play, you play.  You don’t want to coast into the playoffs again.  We need to be in full gear.

Running out of time to get into full gear tbh. Don’t really expect to see that. Just playing with some damn life would be nice. Tonight was disgusting. 

6 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

I suggested when the TA scandal broke that TLR call a meeting with TA, his wife, and thicc side chick to remediate the dispute. Big misstep if he didn’t intervene. 

Not sure who's dumber TA for cheating so obviously or his wife for not realizing she's a baller's wife.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Fire 1

Side note - how TF does Sheets not make that play in the 8th? Dude is unplayable at 1B. 

Between him and Cesar it was pretty ugly over there. Cesar just keeps fucking up in the field and he’s swinging with a pool Noodle at the dish. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Side note - how TF does Sheets not make that play in the 9th? Dude is unplayable at 1B. 

Between him and Cesar it was pretty ugly over there. Cesar just keeps fucking up in the field and he’s swinging with a pool Noodle at the dish. 

Cesar has become a slap hitter with no power in his swing.  Who/where is our hitting coach?

37 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

MLB was priming TA to be one of the main faces of baseball.  TA was in line for more endorsements particularly after the FOD game.  All this is in jeopardy now.

I don’t know about that.  This isn’t domestic violence or PEDs.  What’s the last athlete whose image was undone by infidelity (the very anomalous Zobrist example aside)?  Most people don’t even know who’s divorced and why.

3 hours ago, fathom said:

I’ve heard rumblings they didn’t make him available to the Sox

Yes, Hoyer went to each of his players and tried to accommodate their preferred locations as best as possible.

Kimbrel wanted to remain in Chicago as his daughter is getting treatment here and he likes the city.

Rizzo wanted to go out East for family as well, and Baez specifically wanted to go to the Mets. Bryant wanted to go out West (from Vegas).

2 hours ago, wegner said:

Let's bring back Mercedes for some Schwarber like post season heroics 😎

I don't see Tony ever allowing Mercedes or Zavala up, they ignored his signs and it was one of the few times Tony actually got animated this season (they other when he attacked/shoved Roberto Perez after Abreu was hit in late July).

I believe Kimbrel is simply out of gas, like Rodon. I'll create a thread of players who may be hitting the wall at this point.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, chw42 said:

Bad day beyond the loss on the field. We don't know if we'll have a good Rodon in October, Kimbrel sucked again so who knows when he'll ever get back to being good, and Hernandez basically cost us the game by playing horrendous defense. Hahn's deadline has been a massive failure. Nothing we've seen so far suggests that Kimbrel and Hernandez will contribute positively in October. 

You left out Sheets horrible defense as well!

9 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Letting Tony be Tony 

10 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I don’t know about that.  This isn’t domestic violence or PEDs.  What’s the last athlete whose image was undone by infidelity (the very anomalous Zobrist example aside)?  Most people don’t even know who’s divorced and why.

10 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

An average player could get under the radar screen and move on, but it is more difficult for high profile star, who is being promoted as a family man, example to the community and to be the face of baseball.

11 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Side note - how TF does Sheets not make that play in the 8th? Dude is unplayable at 1B. 

This.  I know the focus is again on Kimbrel, but cripes, he has had some awful defense behind him lately.    Rodon could have also gone maybe 5 if the defense didn't blow up behind him.