Rodon watch: Starting 9/29 vs Reds

Heads22

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

It's a bummer. Story of Carlos' career. Sox can not win in the postseason without a healthy Rodon. Rotten luck.

Ehhh. I don’t know about that. Pretty obvious we weren’t getting the early season Rodon anyway. Giolito, Lynn and Cease still pretty darn good 1-2-3 punch. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Rodon likely out rest of regular season, Rodon disagrees
3 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

When he took the mound, Rodon was the best starting pitcher on the team this year, by far.  

Team is not the same without him.

This is not like losing a position player. 

Totally different outlook for the playoffs without him.

Fuck.

Rodon hasn’t surpassed 5 IP in a start since a few days after the ASG. This should be of no surprise to anyone. Anyone that was actually still thinking we’d get April-June version of Rodon was dreaming. 

Plenty of SP left on this team. Hope Carlos can contribute in the playoffs but I certainly wasn’t counting on him for some time. 

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Rodon hasn’t surpassed 5 IP in a start since a few days after the ASG. This should be of no surprise to anyone. Anyone that was actually still thinking we’d get April-June version of Rodon was dreaming. 

Plenty of SP left on this team. Hope Carlos can contribute in the playoffs but I certainly wasn’t counting on him for some time. 

Not surprised.  Does not mean I cannot be upset about it.

If you’re citing we don’t need him because he hasn’t been healthy since the ASG, check out the White Sox record before and after the ASG. 

They need Rodon. 

Edited by Sambuca

16 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

It's a bummer. Story of Carlos' career. Sox can not win in the postseason without a healthy Rodon. Rotten luck.

Sox have enough starting pitching to win in postseason IMO. Don't discount Cease and Lynn leading Sox to greatness. Key is hitting 3 HRs a game in postseason.

1 minute ago, Sambuca said:

Not surprised.  Does not mean I cannot he upset about it.

If you’re citing we don’t need him because he hasn’t been healthy since the ASG, check out the White Sox record before and after the ASG. 

They need Rodon. 

Rodon was the one guy who had the stuff to shut down the best offenses.  His start in NY was proof of that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Not surprised.  Does not mean I cannot he upset about it.

They need Rodon. 

I am well aware of now they’ve played since the ASG. Obviously having a pitcher who looked to be the Cy front runner the first 60 days of the season is incredibly valuable in the postseason. What I am saying is that (version of) Rodon isn’t taking the mound again this season, and that’s been the case for some time. This doesn’t really change much. 

Edited by ChiSox59
Clarity

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Sox have enough starting pitching to win in postseason IMO. Don't discount Cease and Lynn leading Sox to greatness. Key is hitting 3 HRs a game in postseason.

dude what are you talking about, Cease pees himself when the hotdog guy gives him a dirty look

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Rodon was the one guy who had the stuff to shut down the best offenses.  His start in NY was proof of that.

Toronto the second best offense in baseball.

Cease - 7 IP, 4 hits, 1 ER, 7k's @ Toronto

Giolito - 9 IP, 3 hits, 8k's vs Houston
He also pitched really well and shut down Toronto

Lynn - 14 IP, 8 hits, 2 runs, 13 k's vs Toronto

Every starter on this team can shut down a good offense.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am well aware of now they’ve played since the ASG. 

Sometimes it's better to go into the playoffs playing as mediocre as the Sox are playing. Look at Minnesota. They've had an amazing record some years yet ALWAYS get swept by the Yankees. If the Sox can split the first two with Houston, it could be a glorious autumn/early winter in Chicago. No law that says the bats can't heat up when the weather gets cold again. It's all about lift and pull with our lineup. They need to start blasting 3 HRs a game. Personally I'd prefer some regular base hits, move the runner situations, but this is 2021. Sox have capable long ball hitters. They just have to do it (cue Jose, Timmy, Grandal, Eloy, Robert, Sheets).

Edited by greg775

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am well aware of now they’ve played since the ASG. Obviously having a pitcher who looked to be the Cy front runner the first 60 days of the season is incredibly valuable in the postseason. What I am saying is that (version of) Rodon isn’t taking the mound again this season, and that’s been the case for some time. This doesn’t really change much. 

Okay, I’ll take this under consideration.  Thank you.