Rodon watch: Starting 9/29 vs Reds

Heads22

8 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

He had a few of them...so did Jenks.

Kimbrel is the kind of guy that can be the Hermanson/El Duque of the 05 team.  I think it is still there.  He doesn't get blown out he just gives up a run it is odd.

I was referring to 9/20/05. Two homer game, walk off homer vs Riske. Put the Sox up 2.5 games.  Agree with you about Kimbrel. 

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is exactly what I spent the season talking about.  You can't expect a guy who hasn't made it through an entire season in years, to make it through an entire season AND the playoffs.  Rodon just isn't that guy.

Yep. It sucks cause that early season Rodon was so good. But anyone expecting that to continue for 180+ innings and into October we’re always in for a rude awakening. I was pulling for Carlos and still am, but was always of the mindset of ride him while you have him because eventually he’s gonna go down. 

Now hopefully he’s alright and can contribute in some way in October. But expecting him to go out there and give you 7 innings of 1 run ball with a bunch of Ks went out the window months ago. Nothing that happened today changed that. 

14 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

This team will go as far as the offense takes them.  Giolito is back to the from they needed.  I think Rodon is going through a dead arm thing.  him saying he is healthy does nothing he needs to prove it.

Cease your table is ready.

Maybe Dallas gets the magic back.

Oddly though I think Kimbrel will be fine also.

The offense is still the thing that worries me.

If you watched the game today some time in the 2nd inning they said that the offense has only had 3 games with these 6 guys in it all season, Tim, Robert, Abreu Eloy Grandal and Moncada. They won each game against the Cubs 17-13, Angels 9-3 and Rangers 8-0. Maybe that will give you some hope.  Very soon maybe in the last 7-10 games of the season we should start seeing that lineup more often.

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you watched the game today some time in the 2nd inning they said that the offense has only had 3 games with these 6 guys in it all season, Tim, Robert, Abreu Eloy Grandal and Moncada. They won each game against the Cubs 17-13, Angels 9-3 and Rangers 8-0. Maybe that will give you some hope.  Very soon maybe in the last 7-10 games of the season we should start seeing that lineup more often.

Yeah when all them are in the lineup it should make the bottom of the lineup look better. Relying on Goodwin as the last AB in the 9th is not ideal. 

Edited by maloney.adam

27 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Rodon is saying those things so he can get the big contract in the offseason. If the Sox are smart enough, they will let him walk and another team will pay him big dollars to not pitch the whole season. 

He's not getting that contract if any team, us included, looks at those fastball speed numbers.  He can say what he wants.  Didn't he say that he wants to come back here not that long ago?  Knowing that Boras wouldn't have wanted him to say it?  He'll get short years, hopefully not here.

1 hour ago, Stinky Stanky said:

He's not getting that contract if any team, us included, looks at those fastball speed numbers.  He can say what he wants.  Didn't he say that he wants to come back here not that long ago?  Knowing that Boras wouldn't have wanted him to say it?  He'll get short years, hopefully not here.

There's no way any contract he signs, at any lenth, isn't littered with incentives.  Pitch over certain innings, short to no time on IL, etc...

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

With Engel due back today, I thought we might see the potential Game 1 playoff lineup today with Engel in RF and Sheets at DH, but with today's game getting moved up, we probably get Collins at C and Grandal at 1B.

1 minute ago, DannyWright said:

this.team.is.broken.

Ive been saying it for weeks now, swept out of first round. 2000 White Sox all over again

prove me wrong 

I worry about this...if that isn't the case...the offense really has to start lighting it up for more than 1 game in a row!  Yikes! 

• Like 1