Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CentralChamps21

GT 9/21: SOX @ DET, 12:10

Recommended Posts

Potential Clinch Day!

Keuchel vs Alexander

In case you weren't already aware, this game got moved up from 5:40 to 12:10 due to rain on the way (the rain that we're getting right now)

If the Sox win, I wonder if NBCSC will be on the air live from the team hotel at/near the end of the KC/CLE game (5:10 start)? Would be fun to see Jason/Steve live on the air at the clinching moment.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's AL playoff chase games:

KC @ CLE 5:10

TEX @ NYY 6:05

NYM @ BOS 6:10

TOR @ TB 6:10

HOU @ LAA 8:38

SEA @ OAK 8:40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please get the taste of yesterday’s brutal game out of our mouth with double digit runs, please. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a lot of hope for this one. Getaway day lineup + Keuchel + no TA or Yas behind the plate = Concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Not a lot of hope for this one. Getaway day lineup + Keuchel + no TA or Yas behind the plate = Concern.

They play tomorrow in Detroit too ya? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Come on Keuchel—another one like last time.  Just give us a chance.

Just came here to post the same sentiment.  Would like a decent game from him and the offense to wake up.  We may need Dallas in the playoffs a bit more than I think we all hoped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Please get the taste of yesterday’s brutal game out of our mouth with double digit runs, please. 

Or at least double-digit hits. Too bad their offense wilted again last night. A win would have clinched it without an Indians loss. The Anderson situation is odd. Why isn't he playing? He has had more than enough rest. Something isn't right, and it hasn't been right for a time. Maybe Keuchel can be like most pitchers nowadays and go five innings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

They play tomorrow in Detroit too ya? 

Oh, maybe. I didn't look, just assumed it was a 3 game trip. NM me then, on that part!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Oh, maybe. I didn't look, just assumed it was a 3 game trip. NM me then, on that part!

Game was rescheduled last night to move it up and try and avoid the rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tim played back to back games. Day game after night game. Previously they had been trying to play him every other day but he wanted in for getting defensive timing back. Makes sense to rest today. I imagine if it were crucial he would play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BamaDoc said:

Tim played back to back games. Day game after night game. Previously they had been trying to play him every other day but he wanted in for getting defensive timing back. Makes sense to rest today. I imagine if it were crucial he would play. 

Yeah you have to expect that we see at least Romy/Leury at SS, and Collins at C.  Hopefully we at least get Yas at 1B and Abreu at DH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flavum said:

No lineup 90 minutes out. They did get the memo, right?

They are currently doing mass Rock/Paper/Scissors to see who wakes up Tony.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Romy goes down first, for Engel? C'mon, we have a useless outfielder that you could have jettisoned...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They are currently doing mass Rock/Paper/Scissors to see who wakes up Tony.

I've seen Tony awake three times this season.

  • 5/17 Yelled at Yermin Mercedes for allegedly ignoring him, banned for life (his or Tony's) on July 2, 2021.
  • 7/30 Ran out to shove Roberto Perez after Jose Abreu was unintentionally hit by James Karinchak on July 30, 2021. La Russa's planned retaliation pending this weekend.
  • 8/23 Yelled at Seby Zavala for allegedly ignoring him, Seby banned for life (his or Tony's) on September 13, 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TA is leading off today. Grandal catching. Yoan gets the day at DH. Engel in RF.

The fact that this isn't the get away day lineup is encouraging. 

Edited by chw42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chw42 said:

TA is leading off today. Grandal catching. Yoan gets the day at DH. Engel in RF.

The fact that this isn't the get away day lineup is encouraging. 

Interesting.  I wonder if Tony is starting to panic about lack of results lately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony going all in for a win today, doesn't want to get swept in Detroit by a superior manager with a much weaker roster.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony going all in for a win today, doesn't want to get swept in Detroit by a superior manager with a much weaker roster.

Yawn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Interesting.  I wonder if Tony is starting to panic about lack of results lately?

Certainly feels like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Interesting.  I wonder if Tony is starting to panic about lack of results lately?

They aren’t playing tomorrow, and they know it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×