GT 9/21: SOX @ DET, 12:10

CentralChamps21

7 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I disagree.  I don;t think we are in first place with another manager.  The amount of injuries that have happened, I'm not sure another manager would have been to get that out of these guys in the first half.  Even if it's something as simple as getting guys into the outfield who had never played before.  TLR will win manager of the year pretty easily.

I guarantee you that TLR will not win manager of the year award, and I’ll leave at that.

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

2 on, nobody out.  I love punting winnable games...

Is it punting a game because the offense cannot score?  At some point the the focus needs to move from the manager and the bullpen and be placed where it belongs, on the offense and the inability to consistently have good at bats.  

This is the third game in five days where our superstars are nowhere to be found.

So who do you blame the manager and the bullpen. 

The offense cannot open a lead and if they do, they cannot build upon it.  The same bullpen arms cannot pitch every game. 

9 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I disagree.  I don;t think we are in first place with another manager.  The amount of injuries that have happened, I'm not sure another manager would have been to get that out of these guys in the first half.  Even if it's something as simple as getting guys into the outfield who had never played before.  TLR will win manager of the year pretty easily.

Dude we are 10 games up.  We could be in first place with you as manager.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

we have 7 starters in and it's pretty awful that this is probably true

Top of the lineup just hit and the bottom of the order hasn't done shit. This game feels over despite Detroit throwing AAAA pitchers out there. 

Just now, hankchifan said:

Are we resting the whole bullpen today for the playoffs?  Why is Fry still in the game facing all these righties?  It’s clear TLR isn’t going all out for this win.  It is embarrassing.  Too little too late.

Especially when most people think there's no way they get the game in tomorrow. This shit is baffling. 

Just now, Bad Hombre said:

So if Bummer was available then why the fuck did he not start that inning?!

Tony loves trying to get extra innings out of his relievers and tries to push his luck. We got lucky when the Tigers didn't score last inning so of course Tony had to push his luck. 

• Like 1