GT 9/21: SOX @ DET, 12:10

CentralChamps21

10 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Hendriks will get an inning after this one has been decided

Hendriks is in, and they leave Fry in for 2 innings in a close game.  Those 2 last Cleveland’s runs with 2 outs again were a killer.  Our vaulted bullpen is getting scored with 2 outs quite often.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Bullpen usage today is a joke.  LaRussa does love to use every guy on his team.  I'm sure Goodwin will somehow get in this game before Sheets.

The White Sox are last in baseball in runs scored after the 7th inning....well tied for 29th now with the Texas Rangers.  That is my main issue with this team.

Bullpen usage is absolutely magnified when you are one of the worst 3 teams in baseball at scoring after the 7th.

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

That was the play against all those righties, and they could have brought Bummer later.  Hendriks does not need the finish the game himself.

Notice how we kept throwing lefties out there when the Tigers put a lineup out to hit lefties? It made no sense. 

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Yeah they will celebrating in the clubhouse and they’ll be so out of it that they won’t know they will be losing the 2nd game. 

That will be fine with me. They’re not passing Houston so just clinch ASAP.  I don’t want to get to Sunday night with Indians sweeping the Sox.