The demise of the 2021 White Sox

DannyWright

Assuming the Sox limp into the playoffs ala 2000 white sox, where will the blame be put on this team?

A lot of people will point the finger at hahn/TLR in regards to handling the team the last 2 months with holding players back/fake IL stints.

What about the players themselves....Where has Eloy's production gone? The Kimbrel trade, Kopech falling off the face of the earth, et al.

What say you?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DannyWright said:

Assuming the Sox limp into the playoffs ala 2000 white sox, where will the blame be put on this team?

A lot of people will point the finger at hahn/TLR in regards to handling the team the last 2 months with holding players back/fake IL stints.

What about the players themselves....Where has Eloy's production gone? The Kimbrel trade, Kopech falling off the face of the earth, et al.

What say you?

When the White Sox win teh world series, who will you credit?  I am asking you personally.  Since you can see into the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I say you have made this thread every other day for a like a month.  Whatever is going to happen will happen, and there is no point about stressing it about it day after day.

You know, the easiest way for him to not be able to make this thread would be for the White Sox to stop losing series.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I say you have made this thread every other day for a like a month.  Whatever is going to happen will happen, and there is no point about stressing it about it day after day.

Imagine being a fan of a team, hoping the team sucks just so you can tell other fans of said team, "I TOLD YOU SO". 

• Thanks 1

Just now, chw42 said:

Imagine being a fan of a team, hoping the team sucks just so you can tell other fans of said team, "I TOLD YOU SO". 

I will never understand people who call themselves "fans" but get way more out of the negative than the positive.  Its one thing to be upset in a bad moment and react, but to come back day after day after day, with nothing better to do with your time, and take a perverse joy in failure it just something I can't understand.  Find a new hobby or something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DannyWright said:

i very much hope i am wrong but the fact of the matter is you cannot get your hopes up about this teams chances based strictly upon their performance the last 6 weeks

There's a difference between being concerned about the team not playing well and worrying how that will translate in the playoffs vs. saying the team has already lost their playoff series 2 weeks before the playoffs even start. You don't know what's going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I will never understand people who call themselves "fans" but get way more out of the negative than the positive.  Its one thing to be upset in a bad moment and react, but to come back day after day after day, with nothing better to do with your time, and take a perverse joy in failure it just something I can't understand.  Find a new hobby or something.

this team has sucked for 2 months, and this is a forum to discuss the day to day goings on with the Chicago White Sox. Do the math....

If you want to look at this team through rose colored lenses right now go ahead, the rest of the majority knows that chnces are not good that the sox advance at all in the playoffs and that this team peaked in the Iowa game.

Dont shoot the messenger.

• Love 1

I’m not happy with corpse ball, but this thread is at minimum three plus weeks premature.

Trying to retain optimism the team can overcome injuries, players pushed to the limit and a comatose manager and end up pleasantly surprised. The players and fans deserve better than two quick early playoff exits. Hoping it doesn’t come to fruition.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You know, the easiest way for him to not be able to make this thread would be for the White Sox to stop losing series.

You are right about this. The last few days the Sox have lost three close games. Those are the games good teams are supposed to win. Those teams get the clutch hit and make the right pitch. The Sox haven't been doing it. They need to start doing it.

8 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

this team has sucked for 2 months, and this is a forum to discuss the day to day goings on with the Chicago White Sox. Do the math....

If you want to look at this team through rose colored lenses right now go ahead, the rest of the majority knows that chnces are not good that the sox advance at all in the playoffs and that this team peaked in the Iowa game.

Dont shoot the messenger.

I am very familiar with the history and usage patterns of Soxtalk, which has nothing to do with the second paragraph.  Of course you would see anyone who isn't immediately throwing a temper tantrum as "look at this team through rose colored lenses", but there is about a million miles of difference between the two things that you apparently can't see.  Must be those poop covered glasses you see the world in.

And you are not a messenger.  You are the guy on the corner with a sign preaching about the end of the world all of the time.  One day a meteor will hit the planet, and you will be in your moment of glory, despite the 100,000 other times you were wrong and won't acknowledge.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am very familiar with the history and usage patterns of Soxtalk, which has nothing to do with the second paragraph.  Of course you would see anyone who isn't immediately throwing a temper tantrum as "look at this team through rose colored lenses", but there is about a million miles of difference between the two things that you apparently can't see.  Must be those poop covered glasses you see the world in.

And you are not a messenger.  You are the guy on the corner with a sign preaching about the end of the world all of the time.  One day a meteor will hit the planet, and you will be in your moment of glory, despite the 100,000 other times you were wrong and won't acknowledge.

What kind of meteorite? 

7 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

if the plan was to peak at the end of the season its not going so well.

There are a couple more series left to get on a winning streak and they are still up 11 games in the division but they are definitely not playing well right now, that’s for sure.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1