The demise of the 2021 White Sox

DannyWright

9 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

Why won't they get a full 2022 out of Kopech?  What they are doing with Kopech is exactly what they did with Chris Sale minus the extra year as a reliever.  Look at Sale's 2011 innings pitched.  Kopech is going to get pretty close to what Sale did.  There is no reason Kopech can't go 180 innings next year

I think it is because Sale was at least getting innings in 2010 as a starter in college and then more innings in the MLB as a reliever. Also was a starter prior seasons in college. Kopech doesn't have the same workload prior to becoming a starter (missing basically 2 full seasons before this one).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

For most people, yes, but not the one who started this thread.

dude get over yourself, its an internet message board to discuss the white sox. Right now the sox suck and people like myself are discussing the reasons why.

If you dont like it then ignore but instead you post and post and post your crybaby bs like a little girl. Get real

Edited by DannyWright
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

This. 

I sincerely don’t get what I’m seeing on this forum in some ways. At the beginning of the season, even before Eloy’s injury (but especially after), I seem to recall almost everyone pitting the white sox as close, but maybe still a year away from a potential World Series run. 

Then it seemed the goalposts and expectations moved in a flash here, after the Mercedes experience bought us a few wins, after the pitching carried us through some injuries/spotty hitting, after the early surprise returns by Robert and Jimenez, and especially after the mid season “go for it now” acquisitions the FO made. It got way more expectational here. It also became kind of an entitled environment. 

This is still a very young core at heart. They will be streaky. Jimenez will heat up, Robert will cool down. Vaughn is still finding his entire game. Even Moncada and Anderson still go through “young” stretches although they continue to mature before our eyes. Most of these guys are way younger than 27. 

if this team loosens up, they’ll have enough raw talent to make every game very interesting. I think they will… after they clinch.

This is just a pretty bad week. 

but also - IMO there aren’t 29 losers and 1 winner every baseball season, and I feel If the Sox take Houston deep into a series and they just beat us, we will be better next year and closer next year.  

the goal of this team is to win a world series, not win 90 games and lose in the first round.

• Love 1

55 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think there are lots of reasons Kopech can’t and won’t go 180 IP next season. 

I do think it is possible depending on the innings to finish the season and the playoffs. The last 2 years of conditioning and not needing to take the time off from pitching a partial season last year puts him in a unique position. I could see his season next being like the starters this year with breaks at the end of the season going into the playoffs. I could see 160-180 next year. 

The team that looked outstanding in playoff type atmospheres and mostly in front of national audiences, such as the Field of Dreams game, the recent Red Sox series, both Cubs series, and even the recent Yankees series, will be the one we see next month once the team returns to that type of atmosphere.  

No worries whatsoever.  Not with the talent on this team.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

the goal of this team is to win a world series, not win 90 games and lose in the first round.

I don't think any team has a goal of losing in the first round of the playoffs. However, it's been a good season with all of the adversity of injuries and minimal season last year. It just so happens they will play good teams in the playoffs and one of the teams has to lose. It's been a good season, let's see if it can be great. Not winning the Wrold Series doesn't make it a failure.

The way they've been playing lately, going into the playoffs I'll be hoping for the best but realistically expecting the worst. TBH, the Sox really don't deserve going to the WS, I realize "deserve got nothing to do with it" in sports but Tampa and the Giants/Dodgers/Brewers have played the best and most consistent baseabll, any of those teams "deserve" it more than the ChiSox but if the White Sox miraculously win it all, I won't be complaining lol 

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

The way they've been playing lately, going into the playoffs I'll be hoping for the best but realistically expecting the worst. TBH, the Sox really don't deserve going to the WS, I realize "deserve got nothing to do with it" in sports but Tampa and the Giants/Dodgers/Brewers have played the best and most consistent baseabll, any of those teams "deserve" it more than the ChiSox but if the White Sox miraculously win it all, I won't be complaining lol 

If the Sox make the World Series, it means their plan worked. If MLB wants to eliminate divisions, and play a balanced schedule so teams have to go for a “Top 3”, bring it on. 

13 hours ago, Marqhead said:

I think it’s fair to be both excited by the team’s second playoff appearance in two years and beginning of their competitive window and very disappointed and concerned about their recent performance over the last two months and how that projects into the playoffs. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Pretty simple concept, but for whatever reason it seems difficult for some to grasp.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

The team that looked outstanding in playoff type atmospheres and mostly in front of national audiences, such as the Field of Dreams game, the recent Red Sox series, both Cubs series, and even the recent Yankees series, will be the one we see next month once the team returns to that type of atmosphere.  

I too am encouraged by the fact that this team plays well in all the high-profile moments.  This team seems built for the big stage.

25 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

Love the optimism....I will try to emulate it....it is indeed terrific to be able to talk White Sox playoff baseball for the 2nd season in a row.

36 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

dude get over yourself, its an internet message board to discuss the white sox. Right now the sox suck and people like myself are discussing the reasons why.

If you dont like it then ignore but instead you post and post and post your crybaby bs like a little girl. Get real

I think you are telling on yourself here  as only one of us shows up every day to cry about the status of the team.  Also quit using little girls as an insult.  Most girls I know can take a tiny level of adversity without having a meltdown. let alone what you do here on a daily basis.

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think you are telling on yourself here  as only one of us shows up every day to cry about the status of the team.  Also quit using little girls as an insult.  Most girls I know can take a tiny level of adversity without having a meltdown. let alone what you do here on a daily basis.

always have to have the last word don't you...... time to grow up pal.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, NO!!MARY!!! said:

Why, you two must be giddy-widdy fanboys! Boy, I can’t wait until the Astros sweep in the first round. I’m going to be the first to point at you and say HA HA! I rubbed it in when Eloy got hurt, when Robert got hurt and I’ll do the same when the season is over!! And I’m a lifelong Sox fan so don’t you dare question me on this! 

With 83 total posts,  I assume you only post in seasons where we make the playoffs?

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again, from the guy who only shows up to enjoy this team losing and get hurt feelings when you get called on it.

again...try and read this slower so you can understand.....

1. this is a white sox message board

2. message boards are for discussion

3.the white sox suck balls right now

4. the discussion ( which you are free to ignore outright ) is why they suck and what caused the suckage

read those to yourself until it sinks in. But no you won't instead you will throw a tantrum about how my posts are too mean. You need a reality check.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

4. the discussion ( which you are free to ignore outright ) is why they suck and what caused the suckage

read those to yourself until it sinks in. But no you won't instead you will throw a tantrum about how my posts are too mean. You need a reality check.

Again, take your own advice.  If you are going to get hurt feelings when people respond to your posts, you need to find a new home.  One that celebrates and revels in losing like you do.

8 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

Weird you never answered my question. 

8 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

With 83 total posts,  I assume you only post in seasons where we make the playoffs?

Obvious trolling of that original post aside, what does frequency and timing of posts on a message board have to do with how much a fan someone is?

• Fire 1