9-22-2021 White Sox @ Detroit 12:10 PM Postponed

Last time I started a game thread the Sox won 5 in a row at the end of June and into July.

This is the time that I have been saying ( the last 7-10 games) I want to see the Sox play the guys we are going to see in every playoff game. Time to put the last 2 months in the past and be the team we should be. It's time to gel so let's go and finish strong !

Today's game is Reynaldo Lopez pitching against Casey Mize . It's time to come alive, flip the switch and right the ship.

All cliches aside, Let's Fucking Go ! Time to rock and roll and bring the good mojo and juju back ! Good vibrations !

:gosoxretro::gosox4::gosox3::gosox2::gosox1:

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

There's not going to be a game today. I'm thinking they might just play a straight DH next Friday and have Detroit be the home team for one of the games.

They might just skip it since it's really not necessary to play. Hopefully they do

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Weather forecast shows a 90% chance of rain until after midnight. I’d guess they calL it early.

A5EEBA06-EBF9-4961-A33E-937E6048CFE2.jpeg

Funny but I never realized Detroit was like a straight shot North of Columbus as the crow flies....sorry thought I was posting on maptalk,com.....:gosox1:

2 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Hopefully the game is called. Detroit has beaten the Sox four times in a row. Would like to see the team beat the Indians in the first game tomorrow and put this to rest already. Hope the weather in Cleveland is okay.

Tomorrow should be good. Maybe some spotty stuff left over. there’s a slow moving cold front hanging out over Lake Erie today but it should clear into NY and Pennsylvania by Thursday midday.

Game officially rained out today. Sox now as TLR wanted can click on the field in Cleveland. Don’t think this game will be needed to be made up unless by some miracle it is needed to catch Houston for home field in there series. I assume Lopez will start game 1 in the Cleveland series. ROAD TRIP to Cleveland to maybe watch a clincher. 😂 

11 minutes ago, wegner said:

Well they better or this board might just explode.

If we don’t that would mean we would be swept by Cleveland and only lead the division by like 5-6 games. At that point, I don’t think they would deserve to be in the playoffs. 

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

If we don’t that would mean we would be swept by Cleveland and only lead the division by 5 or 5.5 games. At that point, I don’t think they would deserve to be in the playoffs. 

I think you just proved my point.

Everyone please feel free to use the postponed game to talk White Sox baseball. Just refrain from being dicks and getting the thread closed since I'm using it for tomorrows game and I don't want to make a new one.

I know we are at the height of skepticism about the team's chances in the 1st round. The Sox are going to clinch their 1st division title in 13 years and although it may ring hollow  please celebrate that. Some of you may have changed from a 20 something to 40 yrs old in that time. Some may have gone bald and got a lot more gray in their hair or put on 25 lbs., so let's appreciate some progress in the organization because of the rebuild.  Thank you ya fat, bald, old bastards.

• Like 1