maloney.adam

Lopez/Burr

Cease

Lynn

Giolito 

another bullpen game on Monday

Rodon and Keuchel vs Reds

Tigers- Cease, Lynn, Giolito/Rodon get a couple innings each in the finale

I’m going Lynn and Giolito on Thursday and Friday in the playoffs. 

Edited by flavum

25 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They did, James Fegan is just better at this than all the other reporters.

I'd guess a 27th man callup for Game 2 and or a bullpen game.

If you notice the times when the tweets were posted, he posted it right after Merkin so you are correct he has better information overall but just didn’t post it yet or he did some more digging into it. Good catch! 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

It will be interesting to see if the punt game 2 if they lose game 1.  Clearly they punt if they win.

Just punt game 1 and go all in on game 2 if they lose. Start Collins, Sheets, Leury, Goodwin and Hamilton all in Game 1, and if they happen to win, start them all again in Game 2.

30 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

no i would be extremely upset. Also i would want all the time back i wasted watching games this season only to see them get trounced in the first round ala the 2000 White Sox.

If you consider following White Sox baseball “wasting time” if they don’t win the WS, then it’s better to follow / do something else with your time. It’s only happened once for us, possible it doesn’t happen again.

I enjoyed the regular and postseasons in 1983, 2005 and the scraps we got (60 games post owner lockout) in 2020. While it was great they finally won it all. I still would have come away very happy if they fell short that year, for the six months of excellent baseball they played, the games I watched or listened to, the great times at the park enjoying with friends and family.

One of the reasons I don’t like playoff expansion, reduces the glorious 162 season to an glorified exhibition schedule.

1 hour ago, DannyWright said:

no i would be extremely upset. Also i would want all the time back i wasted watching games this season only to see them get trounced in the first round ala the 2000 White Sox.

47 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If you consider following White Sox baseball “wasting time” if they don’t win the WS, then it’s better to follow / do something else with your time. It’s only happened once for us, possible it doesn’t happen again.

I enjoyed the regular and postseasons in 1983, 2005 and the scraps we got (60 games post owner lockout) in 2020. While it was great they finally won it all. I still would have come away very happy if they fell short that year, for the six months of excellent baseball they played, the games I watched or listened to, the great times at the park enjoying with friends and family.

One of the reasons I don’t like playoff expansion, reduces the glorious 162 season to an glorified exhibition schedule.

Some of my fondest recent baseball memories are the summer of 2012 when I moved to London.  I remember waking up in a hostel and because of the time difference, was able to catch the end of the a game against KC which we took in extra innings.  The joy of the Sox being in first place at the time and me being able to follow them in London and being able to introduce some of my british mates to baseball (it didn't go well, my flatmate told me that Alexi Ramirez was a terrible player because he was only batting in the .270s) was pretty damn awesome.  Did the White Sox blow it by the end?  Yeah and it was heartbreaking, especially as the team that overtook them in the division went to the World Series.  Still I don't consider all the time spent watching games in the summer of 2012 from a foreign country to be a waste of time, even if it did end in heartbreak.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

What happens if we win game 1 tomorrow? Do we celebrate on the field and in the locker room with beer/champagne? There's still another game to play that day.

They still celebrate. Those who can walk the straightest line play in game 2.

1 hour ago, DannyWright said:

You really need to find some other happiness in life if you take it this seriously.