Probables for Sox vs. Indians

maloney.adam

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If you consider following White Sox baseball “wasting time” if they don’t win the WS, then it’s better to follow / do something else with your time. It’s only happened once for us, possible it doesn’t happen again.

I enjoyed the regular and postseasons in 1983, 2005 and the scraps we got (60 games post owner lockout) in 2020. While it was great they finally won it all. I still would have come away very happy if they fell short that year, for the six months of excellent baseball they played, the games I watched or listened to, the great times at the park enjoying with friends and family.

One of the reasons I don’t like playoff expansion, reduces the glorious 162 season to an glorified exhibition schedule.

I agree with all of this. I'm not in the best of health so it has been really nice to have the enjoyable diversion of watching a very good White Sox team. I can't wait for the playoffs to start. How many years of following the Sox have we had the pleasure of playoff baseball? It don't happen often. Enjoy it when it does.

• Love 1

If I was younger I would be driving east down I 80 right now at 85 MPH.  I get the frustration with this team but to give up on them is insane.  It isn ot just this board it is Sox fans in general.

Look at the Padres or the Reds and see what it really looks like to be disappointed in your team.  Same with Seattle, Oakland and one of Boston, Toronto or New York.

As recently as July the cubs had a batter record than the Cardinals and yet they threw their team in the garbage.