Off Day Talk

hi8is

Here’s a random topic for anything under the sun. I’ll start:

Chris Basset is set for a return tomorrow after suffering that line drive to his head against us a few weeks ago. Good story.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiSmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lm1sYi5jb20vbmV3cy9jaHJpcy1iYXNzaXR0LXRvLXJldHVybi1mb3ItYXRobGV0aWNzLW9uLXRodXJzZGF50gFTaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubWxiLmNvbS9hbXAvbmV3cy9jaHJpcy1iYXNzaXR0LXRvLXJldHVybi1mb3ItYXRobGV0aWNzLW9uLXRodXJzZGF5Lmh0bWw?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

3 hours ago, hi8is said:

Here’s a random topic for anything under the sun. I’ll start:

Chris Basset is set for a return tomorrow after suffering that line drive to his head against us a few weeks ago. Good story.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiSmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lm1sYi5jb20vbmV3cy9jaHJpcy1iYXNzaXR0LXRvLXJldHVybi1mb3ItYXRobGV0aWNzLW9uLXRodXJzZGF50gFTaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubWxiLmNvbS9hbXAvbmV3cy9jaHJpcy1iYXNzaXR0LXRvLXJldHVybi1mb3ItYXRobGV0aWNzLW9uLXRodXJzZGF5Lmh0bWw?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Best of luck to him tonight...that was a scary site to see .

Hey is anything allowed on this off day talk?

I'm going a game next week and thought I would try the Rock Island to the game.  The last time I drove and it took forever to get out of the lot after the game.  I figured it would also allow me to  enjoy some gumballheads at the game.

Anyone here have a positive or negative experience riding the Rock Island to 35th??  Thanks in advance,,,,I'll hang up and listen.

19 minutes ago, wegner said:

It is my favorite beer....local wheat ale...3 Floyds Brewing Co.

I had my first one in a long time a couple of weeks ago before for a Cubs game, still excellent after all these years. Had several Oberon pours in the skybox, likely my last of the season.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I had my first one in a long time a couple of weeks ago before for a Cubs game, still excellent after all these years. Had several Oberon pours in the skybox, likely my last of the season.

I just heard a bar not too far from me has gumballhead on tap but I have not been there yet....I had it on tap for the 1st time in Michigan earlier this summer and boy was it refreshing on a hot day.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

I just heard a bar not too far from me has gumballhead on tap but I have not been there yet....I had it on tap for the 1st time in Michigan earlier this summer and boy was it refreshing on a hot day.

I primarily use Beer Advocate for my beer ratings and conversation, and don't have an untappd ID, but the site gets a lot more activity in terms of bars paying to publish their tap lists. You don't need a sign in to find bars which offer a particular beer, I posted the link below to Gumballhead (just need to update your address).

https://untappd.com/b/3-floyds-brewing-company-gumballhead/9954/nearby

I used to buy a couple cases of FFF beer at least once a year leaving from a visit to their taproom, but haven't been back since they closed their taproom (to go still open). Still have their beers on draft when I come across, and sometimes pick up a single to try something new when it sounds interesting.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Ah… makes sense I didn’t understand since:

A) I don’t drink

B) I’m a California native

Thought I might have a couple of beers if I take the train since I would enjoy a Pepsi but the Sox switched to Coke awhile back....

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

Thought I might have a couple of beers if I take the train since I would enjoy a Pepsi but the Sox switched to Coke awhile back....

I was the type of guy who would buy a bottle of scotch at a liquor store to bring onto the train… then the next thing I know it would be 8 hours later and I’d still be on the train with soiled pants.

2 hours ago, wegner said:

Hey is anything allowed on this off day talk?

I'm going a game next week and thought I would try the Rock Island to the game.  The last time I drove and it took forever to get out of the lot after the game.  I figured it would also allow me to  enjoy some gumballheads at the game.

Anyone here have a positive or negative experience riding the Rock Island to 35th??  Thanks in advance,,,,I'll hang up and listen.

Ive taken it to the game a number of times this year.  Its convenient.  They don’t time the trains to the end of the game though, so if you miss it you might hVe to wait up to two hours for the next train.  Get the app and buy your ticket there its only like 3.50 one way.

plus, you can drink on the train!

Edited by Green Line

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Ive taken it to the game a number of times this year.  Its convenient.  They don’t time the trains to the end of the game though, so if you miss it you might hVe to wait up to two hours for the next train.  Get the app and buy your ticket there its only like 3.50 one way.

plus, you can drink on the train!

Excellent, thanks for the feed back.  I am going to give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Ozzie’s Cuban Cigar said:

Just wondering as I watch the Red Sox Mets game…if Sale cut up our classic 1977 jerseys he should Burn those heinous yellow jerseys the BoSox are sporting!

Baseball players are very superstitious.  They wore them for weekend series and won all 3. So kept going and won 2 more. Maybe they will keep going with upcoming Yankee series.  Boston looks like they are headed for a WC slot.