traffic for Sox playoffs

DannyWright

Lawrence Holmes pointed out that assuming the Sox are the three seed that means they are playing game three vs the astros in chicago the same day as the Bears are hosting and the Chicago Marathon.

It may very well take 2.5 hours to get in and around the ball park.

Curious if anyone has any suggestions

Just now, DannyWright said:

Lawrence Holmes pointed out that assuming the Sox are the three seed that means they are playing game three vs the astros in chicago the same day as the Bears are hosting and the Chicago Marathon.

Wait, are we to assume you'll be in attendance for the Sox playoffs this year? 😂😂

5 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

Yeah, live on the South Side.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

Park somewhere outside the course route and take CTA.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

The Marathon doesn't terribly impact getting to and from the neighborhood.  I would hope it is a night game regardless.

Game 3 for ALDS would be the day off for the NLDS. If the Yanks or Red Sox are in it, Sox game would probably be about a 3 PM game, with the other game starting at 6/6:30. If those 2 aren't in it, it could go either way I would think.

Edited by manbearpuig

2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Game 3 for ALDS would be the day off for the NLDS. If the Yanks or Red Sox are in it, Sox game would probably be about a 3 PM game, with the other game starting at 6/6:30. If those 2 aren't in it, it could go either way I would think.

Good call re Yanks or Sawx.  They would definitely get the evening game.

5 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

very interesting, thank you for the input.

7 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I think they set ALDS times before they know the outcome of the WC game, so I think they're going to schedule as if one of those teams is playing. I expect the Sox to host Houston at 3 or 3:30 on Sunday.

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I think they set ALDS times before they know the outcome of the WC game, so I think they're going to schedule as if one of those teams is playing. I expect the Sox to host Houston at 3 or 3:30 on Sunday.

And if memory serves, the bulk of the marathon traffic is past Bridgeport/Armour Square by 3 or 4.

1 hour ago, DannyWright said:

Just stay home, and whine on Soxtalk. But the Bears aren’t home that day.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

It’s a White Sox playoff game, and the ALDS is not that expensive of a ticket. About the same as a Sox vs. Cubs.

I was just trying to be positive about the Sox actually making the series this year, Dick.  Hell I'd go to every game if I could.