9/23/21 White Sox @ Cleveland 12:10 PM Game 1 of Doubleheader

Just now, fathom said:

This is a guy who’s supposed to be a lockdown late inning guy in postseason play. He’s shown nothing that suggests he deserves that role.  His stuff is severely diminished from a few months ago and his command is awful.

Doesn't matter what he was supposed to be. Right now they need to work with what they have and how they are currently performing.

Just now, ptatc said:

Doesn't matter what he was supposed to be. Right now they need to work with what they have and how they are currently performing.

this is it. Remember when Hendriks looked awful? He figured it out and hasn't looked back. Kimbrel is a sure bet HOF'r, and he can make one tweak that brings it all back. Should we be concerned...absolutely. Can he be a big deal in October...we can hope. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

The craziest thing was when I was thinking a few days ago what the Sox were hitting with runner on 3rd and two outs in second half compared to the first.  I go on the site and see you had made a thread on it.

So am I in your head or are you in mine? 🤔

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

this is it. Remember when Hendriks looked awful? He figured it out and hasn't looked back. Kimbrel is a sure bet HOF'r, and he can make one tweak that brings it all back. Should we be concerned...absolutely. Can he be a big deal in October...we can hope. 

hope in one hand shit in the other see which one fills up faster.

7 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

you guys are ridiculous. dude, didn't give up a run...remember the Colome days...and all the HR Hendriks gave up earlier this season? He has two weeks to get it together and any 0's are baby steps these days...and it should have been a double play anyways. 

Still, a hit by a pitch and two walks is not a good performance for a next to last inning relief with a 5 run lead.  The stupid steal attempt helped Kimbrel out.

Edited by hankchifan

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

you guys are ridiculous. dude, didn't give up a run...remember the Colome days...and all the HR Hendriks gave up earlier this season? He has two weeks to get it together and any 0's are baby steps these days...and it should have been a double play anyways. 

It’s just been frustrating to watch him pitch but I get what your saying. He didn’t give up any runs which is a step forward. He just doesn’t have any command so he has a couple weeks to hopefully improve on that.

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

Hendriks looked bad for like 2 outings cause he was tipping his pitches and it was quite obvious (Plouffe had a whole video on this). His stuff is still there and his numbers are still dominant.

Kimbrel has looked good in maybe 5 outings in his entire time with the Sox. His stuff isn't the same as when it was with the Cubs, so it's hard to feel good about him. This isn't the same as when Hendriks got lit up by 1 team over 2 games. This has been happening for 2 months.