Today is Clinch Day… Date Yourself

KnightsOnMintSt

in 2008 I was a 38 yr old Teacher/baseball coach with a 3 year old German shepherd who was the best dog I ever had. Now I'm 51 Teacher Baseball coach who misses that dog greatly despite now having an all black and and and all white German shepherd sister pair ... they are sox colors. 

In 83 I was 13 when Tito Fucking Landrum broke my heart. In 77 I discovered white sox baseball and Richie Zisk as a 7 year old.

• Love 1

I remember being in high school and couldn't focus at all the entire day, just waiting for the blackout game to start.  I was so nervous, them losing would have ruined my year.  Now that was intense, such a hard fought battle with the Twins all year.  This year... not so much.  It'll be sweet to clinch either way though.  At least we'll get one nice new banner in Sox Park when this year is over.

In 2008 I was 31 and just met my now wife. Was a Supervisor in the claims department of a large Auto Ins company.

Now I am 43-44  and own my own business. Married with no kids. Two dogs.

Not an equal situation but when we won the WS in 05 Italy (where I was born and moved from) won the world cup shortly after in 06.
This year we (ITA) won the Eurocup a few months back. Would love back to back championships from my two main sports I follow (Also Inter won Serie A this year which was awesome to see).

7 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I remember being in high school and couldn't focus at all the entire day, just waiting for the blackout game to start.  I was so nervous, them losing would have ruined my year.  Now that was intense, such a hard fought battle with the Twins all year.  This year... not so much.  It'll be sweet to clinch either way though.  At least we'll get one nice new banner in Sox Park when this year is over.

I am absolutely blown away that you're 30 or younger.

In 2008 I was 21 living the dream; was playing cards online and traveling the country/world taking my friends along for the ride. Was at the blackout game as well.

Now I'm just another working schmuck grinding away a desk job.

• Like 1

I was a senior in high school, I skipped 8th period to watch the beginning of game 1 ALDS vs the Rays and got to my buddy's house in time to see DeWayne Wise's 3-run HR...it was all down hill from there the rest of the day.

Now i'm 30, married, with a house and a baby...and another on the way.

It's a great day to clinch!

In 2008 I was at the black out game, having gotten tickets from my boss at a dead end job, that I didn't know was a dead end job, until they put me out on the street six months later.  After that I ended up switching fields within my industry, and am now eight years into a small niche group  that I head up a mission critical operation for.

28 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I am absolutely blown away that you're 30 or younger.

In 2008 I was 21 living the dream; was playing cards online and traveling the country/world taking my friends along for the ride. Was at the blackout game as well.

Now I'm just another working schmuck grinding away a desk job.

The joys of growing up. 😄

17 years old, was at the black out game. Didn’t have any money, but me and a few friends were able to buy standing room only tickets. Brought some cute girl I had a crush on with. Good times. Besides the FOD game, that was the most electric I’ve seen a Sox game. Didn’t get to attend any playoff games in 05 unfortunately. 

In 2008, I was at the blackout game with my Dad. I remember that we just went down to the stadium to see if we could get tickets. Walked around for a while and finally found someone to buy tickets from just to get in the stadium. We missed some of the game but we were just excited to get in. Sat in the bleachers and watched Jim Thome hit that towering homerun to centerfield! I was 24 years old at the time. I’m now a 37 year old husband and a father of 2. I’m looking forward to doing the same thing with my kids one of these days when they are older! 

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Assuming the Sox can win today, they will win the division for the first time since 2008. How have you changed since then?

In 2008, I was a 15-year old sophomore in high school. I am now a 28-year old husband, and father of 1.

I was 25 year old, single working stiff....now I'm a 38 year old working stiff, married for 10+ years with two kids.  

I was at the Blackout Game -- still the best in-person sporting event of my life.  (I was unable to get in to any of the WS games despite showing up each day with what I still believe was an unreasonable amount of cash in my pocket ready to spend.)  Was a father of a single one-year-old at the time.  Now a father of four.  So things have changed.