Today is Clinch Day… Date Yourself

KnightsOnMintSt

5 hours ago, turnin' two said:

I was on my honeymoon in Italy during the blackout game.  Now I have 3 great kids and we are about to celebrate our 13th anniversary.  Also on the plus side, still have my hair, and I'm only a little bit fatter.  At least that's what I tell myself.

That's funny shit. I was also in Italy on my honeymoon for the blackout game (and the ensuing ALDS sweep). Obviously regret missing the blackout game but can't say the same for the playoffs. 

I was 27, attended the blackout game and then within the next year started commuting back and forth to Atlanta, before moving down here for good (at least for now)
2 dogs, 2 kids and a super healthy marriage later, i am nearly 40 and enjoying games from mlb.tv these days, with about 1-2 games in Chicago as we visit family. I was a WSI guy back then, glad to be a soxtalk faithful instead. 

In 2008 I was about to turn 45, married with two young boys (ages 4 and 2).  I coached HS basketball and worked outside the school and was a 6 handicap.

Today, I am divorced (legally one year ago today).  I’m about to turn 58.  I have three sons (17, 15 and 9).  I coach college basketball, my hair is grey and my golf sucks.

9 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I see a lot of posts about WSI, but did anyone else here post (or even know about) ProSportsDaily? That is where I was back in the early internet days..

I forgot about WSI. Last i heard,they were out of business. Glad to see it, the site was awful.

In 1983, I was 22 and it was the first Sox playoff season of my life.  The ALCS loss was very deflating, as I didn’t expect it at all.

In 1994, was 33 and it was the best Sox team of my life (still is, IMO).  Still kind of pissed at JR for helping to end the season without a postseason.

In 2005, was 44 and the ALDS was the first Sox postseason series victory of my lifetime.  I was almost as thrilled about that victory as I was about the World Series victory.

Today, I am 60 and this is the first team since 1994 that looks capable of several years of consecutive playoff appearances.

17 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I see a lot of posts about WSI, but did anyone else here post (or even know about) ProSportsDaily? That is where I was back in the early internet days..

Yessir. I posted on their white Sox and bulls boards. If I recall, the bulls board was pretty active back then. Both have died down a bit. Soxtalk and realgm are the defacto Sox and bulls boards now, imo. 

I had accounts on both PSD and realgm. What was your username on PSD?

Edited by ron883

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Yessir. I posted on their white Sox and bulls boards. If I recall, the bulls board was pretty active back then. Both have died down a bit. Soxtalk and realgm are the defacto Sox and bulls boards now, imo. 

I had accounts on both PSD and realgm. What was your username on PSD?

I mostly lurked (already have more posts here) but my handle was cachemaster. 

On 9/23/2021 at 5:08 PM, maggliopipe said:

That's funny shit. I was also in Italy on my honeymoon for the blackout game (and the ensuing ALDS sweep). Obviously regret missing the blackout game but can't say the same for the playoffs. 

That's crazy!  Hahah!  Where were you?   Maybe we walked by each other.  We were in Positano, Rome, Tuscany, and Venice.  It was pretty amazing.  What an absolutely gorgeous country.