9/23/21 White Sox @ Cleveland 5:10 PM Game 2 of Doubleheader

2 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

If nobody got hurt during this game, I consider it a success.  And a very good day!

Yeah, that's basically my nightmare scenario, these last games are basically meaningless since it looks like the Sox don't care about HFA, an injury to one of our best players.

3 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Yeah, that's basically my nightmare scenario, these last games are basically meaningless since it looks like the Sox don't care about HFA, an injury to one of our best players.

Yeah, and they were probably at least half drunk for game 2. 

43 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

That’s true but not clutch in that situation. Oh well I guess.

Clase has a nasty slider and is death for most RH hitters. He just threw some nasty sliders . The best thing he could've done in that situation was take the 1st pitch . If its a ball take the 2nd pitch. But every pitch was low and away slider not sure any of them hit the strike zone but once Engel was behind in the count he was meat.

23 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

They also matter in terms of keeping hitters timing and pitchers sharp.

I thought Lucas might have gone Game 1, but it looks like the rotation will line up like this:

• Lynn: 9/25, 10/1, 10/7 G1, 10/13 G5
  • Giolito: 9/26, 10/2, 10/8 G2
  • Rodon: 9/29, 10/10 G3
  • Cease: 9/24, 10/3, 10/11 G4
  • Keuchel: 9/27, (likely scheduled 2-3 innings out of the bullpen vs. Detroit), Playoff Bullpen
  • Lopez: 9/28, Playoff Bullpen
Edited by South Side Hit Men

17 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Yeah, and they were probably at least half drunk for game 2. 

I've  seen a lot of people in the threads mention players getting drunk after winning the 1st game. I would highly doubt it. They knew for a long time they'd win the division and they know it isn't the ultimate goal. Sure a couple of guys might've had a drink of champagne but drunk, no way, and the guys who were playing probably didn't drink at all.

Key takeaways:

1. Kopech looks healthy and sharp, hopefully can go 2-3 either as an opener (if Rodon can't go) or the second man in if he does in the playoffs.
  2. Andrew Vaughn looks solid in yet another position (CF, SS and C are left on his to do list), and more importantly healthy. Nice to see him come through late.
  3. Engel continues to look solid at the plate since his return, hopefully he can play back to back games in the playoffs to solidify RF.
  4. The back of the bullpen is battling for the last man spot on the playoff roster. Wright may have been the best of the bunch today. If someone does/does not emerge the final week plus, may mean the difference between a 12 or 13 pitcher staff for the opening series.

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Still think the Sox win that game if they tried a suicide squeeze bunt with Hamilton on 3rd. Leury is a decent bunter. Hamilton has great speed basically he'd score on any bunt  except one that goes like a foot  in front of the plate. Then it's 4 -3 and Hendriks pitches the 7th.

I was watching with my friend and said during Leury's at bat that they should have done a suicide squeeze.  I realize that they didn't want to risk Hamilton getting hurt but yeah.  Was surprised no suicide squeeze was done.

27 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They also matter in terms of keeping hitters timing and pitchers sharp.

I thought Lucas might have gone Game 1, but it looks like the rotation will line up like this:

• Lynn: 9/25, 10/1, 10/7 G1, 10/13 G5
  • Giolito: 9/26, 10/2, 10/8 G2
  • Rodon: 9/29, 10/10 G3
  • Cease: 9/24, 10/3, 10/11 G4
  • Keuchel: 9/27, (likely scheduled 2-3 innings out of the bullpen vs. Detroit), Playoff Bullpen
  • Lopez: 9/28, Playoff Bullpen

I'm fine with this.

30 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Keuchel: 9/27, (likely scheduled 2-3 innings out of the bullpen vs. Detroit), Playoff Bullpen

Maybe he will prove valuable in the playoffs out of the bullpen for situations calling for a double play…

He’s used to pitching with runners on at least… this much, we know.

2 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I was watching with my friend and said during Leury's at bat that they should have done a suicide squeeze.  I realize that they didn't want to risk Hamilton getting hurt but yeah.  Was surprised no suicide squeeze was done.

It's not like Hamilton is an integral part of any playoff plans. It's 50/50 he even makes the playoff roster. If there was ever a perfect time for a suicide squeeze that was it. I suppose he could've popped it up into a DP but I'm just being selfish. I wanted the win so I could keep making the game thread. ;)

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's not like Hamilton is an integral part of any playoff plans. It's 50/50 he even makes the playoff roster. If there was ever a perfect time for a suicide squeeze that was it. I suppose he could've popped it up into a DP but I'm just being selfish. I wanted the win so I could keep making the game thread. ;)

Ha.  I think Hamilton is a lock.  He's a good defensive replacement/speed guy that they'll likely need.  I think Goodwin won't make it.

13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hamilton will definitely be on the team

7 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Ha.  I think Hamilton is a lock.  He's a good defensive replacement/speed guy that they'll likely need.  I think Goodwin won't make it.

Tough call to make . Goodwin isn't doing himself any favors lately  but then again he's been a good hitter vs RHP  all season and Hamilton can be a defensive replacement and pinch runner .

14 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Then they should ve used his speed when they could. I don't want to see a situation like that in the playoffs with the go ahead run on 3rd and see him forced out when he could've scored on any bunt in fair territory. Speed means nothing on the bases until you utilize it.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

21 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Hamilton will definitely be on the team

Yes, he is a potential game changer as a pinch runner and on defense.

Makes sense to have three "Long" guys with Rodon's status and otherwise weak short options among those eligible on the 40 man roster.

Position Players (13): C: YG, ZC. INF: JA, TA, CH, YM, GS. OF/DH: AE, LG, BH, EJ, LR, AV. (Can see Leury also playing 2B at times)

Pitchers: SP (12): DC, LG, LL, CR. Long: DK, MK, RL,  Short: AB, DC, KH, CK, RT.

Bubble: BG vs. EM (barring Rodon out or a new injury). Likely hinges on Evan's health, or lack thereof.

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, he is a potential game changer as a pinch runner and on defense.

Makes sense to have three "Long" guys with Rodon's status and otherwise weak short options among those eligible on the 40 man roster.

Position Players (13): 😄 YG, ZC. INF: JA, TA, CH, YM, GS. OF/DH: AE, LG, BH, EJ, LR, AV. (Can see Leury also playing 2B at times)

Pitchers: SP (12): DC, LG, LL, CR. Long: DK, MK, RL,  Short: AB, DC, KH, CK, RT.

Bubble: BG vs. EM (barring Rodon out or a new injury). Likely hinges on Evan's health, or lack thereof.

Why about Hendriks?  Crochet?  Having a hard time with the short relievers

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Still think the Sox win that game if they tried a suicide squeeze bunt with Hamilton on 3rd. Leury is a decent bunter. Hamilton has great speed basically he'd score on any bunt  except one that goes like a foot  in front of the plate. Then it's 4 -3 and Hendriks pitches the 7th.

Right on. Problem is that TLR is in station to station mode. Hope he adjusts for the playoffs , putting some Runners in motion when appropriate.