Blackout is Back for Soxtober

KrankinSox

Wear Black in October

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/blackout-october-white-sox-ask-fans-to-dress-in-common-theme-for-playoff-games

"The Chicago White Sox became American League Central Division champions for the first time in 13 years, and the team is asking fans to attend October playoff games dressed ready to win.

"We are going to be asking all of our fans to wear black," White Sox Chief Marketing Officer Brooks Boyer told NBC 5. "We want to have an atmosphere that is going to really get our guys charged up, so it's going to be a blackout at the ballpark. All October wear black, support your White Sox.""

• Like 7
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Wear Black in October

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/blackout-october-white-sox-ask-fans-to-dress-in-common-theme-for-playoff-games

"The Chicago White Sox became American League Central Division champions for the first time in 13 years, and the team is asking fans to attend October playoff games dressed ready to win.

"We are going to be asking all of our fans to wear black," White Sox Chief Marketing Officer Brooks Boyer told NBC 5. "We want to have an atmosphere that is going to really get our guys charged up, so it's going to be a blackout at the ballpark. All October wear black, support your White Sox.""

Hey Brooks

PUT THE DAMNED PLAYOFF TICKETS ON SALE!

Sox Fans.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, flavum said:

It just isn’t the same effect when it’s short sleeves and it’s a day game. Bottom line, Sox should stop trying to recreate the Blackout Game. It’s not going be the same.

Not every playoff Blackout game has to be a re-creation of the 2008 game.  Should Penn State stop doing whiteouts because it won't be as cool as that one time they beat Ohio State?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

It just isn’t the same effect when it’s short sleeves and it’s a day game. Bottom line, Sox should stop trying to recreate the Blackout Game. It’s not going be the same.

Agreed....much like the original Field of Dreams game, it will never be the same imo.

Not that I have anything against future games in Dyersville...I know some people from Iowa who are very excited that MLB wil be continuing it.

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

Agreed....much like the original Field of Dreams game, it will never be the same imo.

Not that I have anything against future games in Dyersville...I know some people from Iowa who are very excited that MLB wil be continuing it.

The white out games at Penn State are still pretty impressive. Blackouts for playoff games will be a nice sight.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Wear Black in October

Awesome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

Wear Black in October

Hey Brooks,

Give shirts out to everyone.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

The white out games at Penn State are still pretty impressive. Blackouts for playoff games will be a nice sight.

I'm all for alternating blackout and whiteout games.  I generally don't think we make enough use of the "white" color in our color scheme and name.  I think whiteouts/all-white jerseys etc. would be a pretty cool departure.

• Like 2

Haha I cannot believe people in here complaining that they are trying to recreate the blackout game or that this is a bad idea.

You wont be feeling that way when the camera pans over a rowdy sell out crowd in pure black and chills go down your spine. 

The blackout is not and should not be a one time thing, nor be perceived as a slight to everyone's precious memories of the 2008 blackout game. All it really is is a really cool thing to do for big games. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I'm all for alternating blackout and whiteout games.  I generally don't think we make enough use of the "white" color in our color scheme and name.  I think whiteouts/all-white jerseys etc. would be a pretty cool departure.

Try tracking a fly ball against a completely white background sometime.

3 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

Wear Black in October

FUCK YES!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Imagine the headline’s if they went with a “white out”. It’s be a PR nightmare I tell ya!

Why?  Penn State does it regularly.  They're called the White Sox.  I mean, I think I know what you're getting at, but if you're being serious I don't think it would be controversial to have alternating blackout/whiteout games given that those are the team's colors.

• Thanks 1