Blackout is Back for Soxtober

KrankinSox

6 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Why?  Penn State does it regularly.  They're called the White Sox.  I mean, I think I know what you're getting at, but if you're being serious I don't think it would be controversial to have alternating blackout/whiteout games given that those are the team's colors.

I was playing 

The reason the blackout game worked so well the first time was the tickets for game 163 went on sale right as game 162 ended so the entire crowd was actual Sox fans who would actually wear the black. 

There were no twins fans, and no one there just cause they had tickets from work or something. 

So it might not look as cool, but I still like them trying it. I also hope we have mostly night games

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

They had a pre sale for season ticketholders. From what's left, you are going to need a telescope, and a walkie talkie to speak with anyone you go with, because it's mostly singles.

When did it start? I'm a 10-game plan owner and my priority access doesn't start until the 29th. Has someone posted prices and dates anywhere? I'm only looking for Game 5 of the ALCS.

2 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

When did it start? I'm a 10-game plan owner and my priority access doesn't start until the 29th. Has someone posted prices and dates anywhere? I'm only looking for Game 5 of the ALCS.

I have a 20 game package and they let me add more yesterday the 23rd. 

That said here is what I paid for post season tickets (They have me in section 114, slightly worse then regular season but i'm not complaining)

ALDS: $81/seat

ALCS: $140/seat

World Series: $266/seat

Parking for all games was $30

Edit: Also i dont think you get guaranteed postseason access with only a 10 game package. I think you need 20/40/or full season. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by DoUEvenShift

37 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

People be complaining.

Yeah, somehow our fanbase has already reached the point where we complain about everything the team does. I think we’re supposed to wait a season or two after a World Series win to turn on the team, but this is the first time in my life I’ve rooted for a playoff team two years in a row. I guess I don’t know how it works.

Edited by Middle Buffalo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

The reason the blackout game worked so well the first time was the tickets for game 163 went on sale right as game 162 ended so the entire crowd was actual Sox fans who would actually wear the black. 

There were no twins fans, and no one there just cause they had tickets from work or something. 

So it might not look as cool, but I still like them trying it. I also hope we have mostly night games

I remember walking down to the ticket gate in the bottom of the 8th inning.  Was like the second or third person in line at the window I was at.  I don't remember if they announced it, or if we just assumed that's when they would do it, but it didn't seem like people knew until the game basically ended that they were going on sale then.  Either way, game 163 was still one of the best games I've ever been at live.  The atmosphere was amazing.

3 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I have a 20 game package and they let me add more yesterday the 23rd. 

That said here is what I paid for post season tickets (They have me in section 114, slightly worse then regular season but i'm not complaining)

ALDS: $81/seat

ALCS: $140/seat

World Series: $266/seat

Parking for all games was $30

Edit: Also i dont think you get guaranteed postseason access with only a 10 game package. I think you need 20/40/or full season. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. 

Ok, thanks for the info. I guess I'll find out next Wednesday what's left. Lucky for me I prefer to sit in the upperdeck anyway (Section 531 directly behind home), so even if only the upper deck remains, that's fine with me.

Thought it was cool how Kenny called for the blackout the first time.  Felt like word spread on the streets and spread fast.  It was organic.   Pure badass.  KW was God.  

Then he called for a second blackout some other time and nobody did it- I can’t remember when that was cuz it sucked ass.  

And now I feel like that’s what I remember more, the second one sucking ass.  Even though I don’t remember when it was.  That’s how much it sucked ass.  Forced.

Not sure anybody has or will ever forgive the second one.

BUT…this is a new era of dominance we are entering, maybe playoffs for a decade.  We have a chance to take over baseball.  All black would be a badass tradition for playoff games.  Black towels too.  It would be intense.  Hope it happens.  I forgive, I think.  

20 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

They had a pre sale for season ticketholders. From what's left, you are going to need a telescope, and a walkie talkie to speak with anyone you go with, because it's mostly singles.

And I think partials are next so yeah. But I’m sure they hold some back each time

19 hours ago, South Sider said:

Haha I cannot believe people in here complaining that they are trying to recreate the blackout game or that this is a bad idea.

You wont be feeling that way when the camera pans over a rowdy sell out crowd in pure black and chills go down your spine. 

The blackout is not and should not be a one time thing, nor be perceived as a slight to everyone's precious memories of the 2008 blackout game. All it really is is a really cool thing to do for big games. 

People are silly. Teams need tradition and identity.