White Sox Garage Sale - Tomorrow 10AM-1PM

South Side Hit Men

I'm considering a trip to Comiskey tomorrow.

Tailgating (parking opens at 7 am, doors open at 10 am)? Or do people lineup like Black Friday to shove their way through to get to "high profile" items?

Perhaps folks can chime in on prior experiences for folks like me who haven't attended in some time, or perhaps never.

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'm considering a trip to Comiskey tomorrow.

Tailgating (parking opens at 7 am, doors open at 10 am)? Or do people lineup like Black Friday to shove their way through to get to "high profile" items?

Perhaps folks can chime in on prior experiences for folks like me who haven't attended in some time, or perhaps never.

People most definitely line up like black Friday. I've been to a few to get game used jerseys, bats etc. It is a madhouse. It's worth it for select items though.

Edited by ptatc
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

People most definitely line up like black Friday. I've been to a few to get game used jerseys, bats etc. It is a madhouse. It's worth it for select items though.

Yeah, if you want something specific and high profile, get there early.  Going to guess with COVID they let WAY less people in at a time than usual.

35 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Thanks. IIRC, I went to an event available for season ticket holders a long time ago, but was/am more interested in the old promo stuff they sell (shirts, hats, bobbleheads, etc. for kids), or at least I believe did in the past. 

Looks like a lot of people in line from the WGN video from 2019, during the "tanking years", likely much more demand now, especially pent up COVID demand. 

https://wgntv.com/sports/white-sox/white-sox-host-annual-garage-sale-for-charity/

Wonder how the Madrigal stuff will go, since he went to the Cubs (as opposed to a neutral or less hated team by much of the fanbase).  I like that all proceeds go to the White Sox charities, which is why I'm considering going tomorrow (as well as nice weather). 

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/charities/about/about-us

Form 990 (Charitable Organizations revenue is spent on can be found pages 33-43): 

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/display_990/363719918/04_2021_prefixes_36-37%2F363719918_201912_990_2021040517878782

Edited by South Side Hit Men