Luis Robert, closing in on one full season statistically

caulfield12

8 hours ago, bmags said:

I know this team has big things coming, and for me the day I'll look back on this rebuild when thinks went from descent to ascent, it was watching the first box scores of the MILB season and Robert hitting 3 home runs in Winston Salem after a worrying first two years of injured false starts. Suddenly we had another superstar and everything looked so much brighter from that point forward.

For me it's that he did something like this at every pro level, including MLB. He'd get promoted then be hitting like .400 or some silly numbers like that and it's like wow is this a fluke? Let's call him up and see. No. Wow. Is this a fluke? No. Let's call him up and see. Now here he is at the majors. Same thing.

Next season people outside of this fanbase will be talking about him the way we talk about Acuna, Tatis, Vladdy Jr., Ohtani etc (yes I know Ohtani is in his own category)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, lostfan said:

For me it's that he did something like this at every pro level, including MLB. He'd get promoted then be hitting like .400 or some silly numbers like that and it's like wow is this a fluke? Let's call him up and see. No. Wow. Is this a fluke? No. Let's call him up and see. Now here he is at the majors. Same thing.

Next season people outside of this fanbase will be talking about him the way we talk about Acuna, Tatis, Vladdy Jr., Ohtani etc (yes I know Ohtani is in his own category)

hopefully they're talking like that in about a month.

• Like 1