Sox vs Guardians 9/25 game thread 6:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

54 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

That moniker Guardians really sucks.  It is pity to throw away the legacy, albeit at times crappy, and the long history of the Indians for some PC consideration.

Chicago's very own Blackhawks will be next. Next thing you know the White Sox will have to drop the "White" from their team name. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

That moniker Guardians really sucks.  It is pity to throw away the legacy, albeit at times crappy, and the long history of the Indians for some PC consideration.

The legacy of a team getting called the Indians because they had a Native American player and the league tainted them because of it? Whose family and Tribe didn’t want the name kept? Hell, keeping that name under that circumstance throws away their legacy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/some-native-americans-applaud-cleveland-indians-name-change-say-it-n1251183

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The legacy of a team getting called the Indians because they had a Native American player and the league tainted them because of it? Whose family and Tribe didn’t want the name kept? Hell, keeping that name under that circumstance throws away their legacy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/some-native-americans-applaud-cleveland-indians-name-change-say-it-n1251183

strutting-pc-principal.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

I give the Blackhawks 5ish years tbh. They are next on the PC hit list for sports teams. 

They aren't going to be forced to change their name. The logo tho? yeah I can see that

Edited by joesaiditstrue

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

as awful as their approach was that inning, I can tell you right now they're gonna fuck this kid up badly tonight based on his stuff

Morgan has shut down some good offenses. His stuff is terrible, but he somehow makes it work at times.