Sox vs Guardians 9/25 game thread 6:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Sox have lost a lot of games second half. I wonder if next season the team will actually regress record wise. Baby it's time to win it all right now.

They certainly need to make a splash in the offseason.  Need a RF.  Need another starter (or two).

There is so much talent in this lineup and for some reason its just not gelling right now.  I think it will in the playoffs though.  If not - BLOW IT UP!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Green Line said:

They certainly need to make a splash in the offseason.  Need a RF.  Need another starter (or two).

There is so much talent in this lineup and for some reason its just not gelling right now.  I think it will in the playoffs though.  If not - BLOW IT UP!

Good thing the Sox didn't make any bad asset trades this year so they will have plenty of ammo. Hahn did it again.

27 minutes ago, Green Line said:

A manager's job is to make it gel.  If you're looking for a reason, that's the place to start.  No offense to Tony, I'm talking in general.   Reason two is that fans like us tend to overvalue their own players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

A manager's job is to make it gel.  If you're looking for a reason, that's the place to start.  No offense to Tony, I'm talking in general.   Reason two is that fans like us tend to overvalue their own players.

I still think Sox will win it all this year. Don't want to be that guy looking ahead to next year and not enjoy this. It just hit me though after yet another loss that the team might  be fairly blah next season.  54-35 at the break this year; 33-33 since. Yuk.

9 hours ago, wegner said:

1 run in 2 games ain't gonna get it done...need more offense in a week and a half from now.

Need to not be down 2 games by the time we have a blackout game.

Yes but that 1 run out of the two games actually won us a game because of the bullpen. In the playoffs, most of the time defense and pitching wins championships.

Edited by maloney.adam

13 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Yes but that 1 run out of the two games actually won us a game because of the bullpen. In the playoffs, most of the time defense and pitching wins championships.

Yeah and unfortunately their defense hasn’t been that great. Same with the pen. One run is good enough to beat an Indians team that’s been no-hit what, 4 times this year year?

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

During the playoffs, if a team scores one run in two games, most likely it will lose both games. During the season, the Sox have been shut out 11 times and scored one run 14 times. In those 14 one-run games, the Sox won 1. Yes, in the playoffs a team can win low scoring games, but it will do better than one. This offense is puzzling. It should be ,more consistent than this and needs to be do well in the post-season.

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Since the 6 run second inning in game 1 on Saturday, the Sox have scored 4 runs in 30 innings. Time to get over the clinching hangover and get into playoff mode.

I don’t think the players are trying very hard.  Even Lynn said they’re tired of the road trip and just want to get home.  I’m a little surprised at the amount of frustration on the site over the last couple of games.

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think the players are trying very hard.  Even Lynn said they’re tired of the road trip and just want to get home.  I’m a little surprised at the amount of frustration on the site over the last couple of games.

I've been OK with not being full gas up until now, but I'm starting to get a bit nervous as we're now 11 days from the first ALDS game.

35 minutes ago, fathom said:

Lynn said the team didn’t give a shit in June regarding the Tampa Bay series.

Lynn said the team is tired after day 9 of the final 11 day road trip of the season.

Perhaps that will be the Team Highlight Reel Title. We Don’t Give A Shit, Your 2021 Chicago White Sox