9/27 Sox @ Tigers 12:10PM CT

Tnetennba

30 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Stupid Astros went and got swept this weekend and made this game significant. Otherwise I'd have been all for flying the rest of the team home from Cleveland and just sending Keuchel to Detroit with a note saying, "We forfeit."

I spit my coffee 🤣

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Vaughn hasn't played LF since his return, which I think is pretty telling.

We're going to get an Eloy-Robert-Vaughn OF in the playoffs with Sheets at DH.

Not how I would do it, but its pretty clear that is the plan.  

Yep, the only real question to me is does Leury play 2B or does Cesar.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yep, the only real question to me is does Leury play 2B or does Cesar.

Hopefully Leury.  

I guess it depends on Engel.  If Engel isn't healthy enough to play, I guess you don't have a ton of options besides Eloy-Robert-Vaughn with Sheets at DH.

Otherwise I'd prefer Engel in RF, Vaughn in LF and Eloy at DH.  

Just really hope TLR doesn't get cute and sit Vaughn on the bench in favor of Sheets at DH, Leury in RF and Cesar at 2B.  If Leury is starting, its hopefully at 2B. 

Edited by ChiSox59

3 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Stupid Astros went and got swept this weekend and made this game significant. Otherwise I'd have been all for flying the rest of the team home from Cleveland and just sending Keuchel to Detroit with a note saying, "We forfeit."

You're joking, but if we can win today, we will only be 2 1/2 games behind the Astros . they have really been scuffling lately, and even though Houston finishes at home, they play the Rays (have won 4 in a row) and the A's (have won 3 in a row) . the Reds have been playing well, and the Tigers can be tough at times, but there's no reason that we can't catch and pass the Astros . i'm just glad that we are not playing the Cardinals right now . Man, that team is out of control.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't mind that call at all. The results sucked but it was an attempt to stay out of the DP and there's no way Grandal should have taken that fastball right down the middle.

Yeah not sure why Yaz didn't swing at that. He must have not known that the runners were moving.