9/27 Sox @ Tigers 12:10PM CT

Tnetennba

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, I see this now after the replay. On the radio, I recalled that they said “and Jose takes off for second, but missed if they mentioned the blocked / passed ball.

Im glad he wasn’t ejected, will likely avoid a suspension as a result, but may get a fine. Looked like Shelby Duncan was holding Abreu from jumping back into it until Tony arrived, glad he didn’t let Jose escape. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1442589466359648261

I think it was Gavin Sheets holding him back.

Just now, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Huh, what did they say?

PBP guy asked Morris what to do with Ohtani and Morris said "be vely vely careful" in an Asian accent. 

People tried to say he was impersonating Elmer Fudd, but Fudd doesn't say "vely", he says "vewy". So he was either being racist or it was a terrible and wrong Elmer Fudd impression. Either way, Jack Morris is a terrible color guy and the Tigers broadcasting booth is trash. 

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

PBP guy asked Morris what to do with Ohtani and Morris said "be vely vely careful" in an Asian accent. 

People tried to say he was impersonating Elmer Fudd, but Fudd doesn't say "vely", he says "vewy". So he was either being racist or it was a terrible and wrong Elmer Fudd impression. Either way, Jack Morris is a terrible color guy and the Tigers broadcasting booth is trash. 

Lol, ok that's funny but I can see how some would get offended. Don't wanna turn this into some politically incorrect debate but in general we need to lighten up a bit, we get so easily offended nowadays, haha. Agree though on the Tigers commentators. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

For a hard slide right into the bag?  He didn't even go directly at Goodrum.  Jose isn't getting suspended.  

Who was in the middle of the pile up though? Crochet? I don't think Jose is getting suspended if he didn't even get ejected, but you never know with MLB. 

Edited by chw42

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Who was in the middle of the pile up though? Crochet? I don't think Jose is getting suspended if he didn't even get ejected, but you never know with MLB. 

Zero punches thrown.  There aren't going to be suspensions.  Yes Crochet was in the middle of the argument and was yelling, but you don't get suspended for yelling and jumping.  

13 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Zero punches thrown.  There aren't going to be suspensions.  Yes Crochet was in the middle of the argument and was yelling, but you don't get suspended for yelling and jumping.  

The funny thing is Crochet was probably all kinds of pissed off for almost blowing the lead and then had an outlet for his aggression. 

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

He looked like he aimed for his back leg, and definitely had his spikes up.

He slid directly into the bag.  Yes Goodrum was there, but if he really wanted contact, he could have slid inside the bag.  In any event, I would large sums of money he isn't getting suspended.  

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He slid directly into the bag.  Yes Goodrum was there, but if he really wanted contact, he could have slid inside the bag.  In any event, I would large sums of money he isn't getting suspended.  

I don't think he will be suspended either, mostly because it was a "legal" slide, but it was obvious he was looking for contact there.  He wasn't sliding to the bag, he was barreling through it, spikes up.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't think he will be suspended either, mostly because it was a "legal" slide, but it was obvious he was looking for contact there.  He wasn't sliding to the bag, he was barreling through it, spikes up.

We're on the same page.  He was definitely looking to make contact if Goodrum got in his way, but the slide was legal as you said.

Honestly, I loved to see it.  Team needed something like that.  I was just in Cleveland and watched them play 4 pretty darn flat games after Thursday's clinch.  Maybe this will light the fire under their ass they need heading into next week.   

Edited by ChiSox59

Nice to see Abreu fired up. Getting hit 21 times is brutal. That said, that was a dumb slide and a lapse in judgement to take out your frustration on the next guy in your way. It's not like Detroit has been throwing at him all year. Play with a chip on your shoulder (and some damn padding on your elbow) and retaliate by sweeping them over the weekend.

2 hours ago, Thad Bosley said:

Shades of a bench clearer in 2000 with the Tigers that woke that Sox team up and got them going.

I’m ok with a little broo ha ha right now to rev up the troops a bit in this otherwise dull last week for them.

Memories of 2000.  Gandhi (Jerry Manuel) in a beanball war.  I love baseball.

58 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

The funny thing is Crochet was probably all kinds of pissed off for almost blowing the lead and then had an outlet for his aggression. 

Home plate umpire took away a strikeout from him, cost him and us a run.  Same bozo made up for it on the final out with two strike calls on balls way outside the zone.  Home plate umpires: lower on the humanity scale than lawyers and war criminals.