Sox playoff tickets on Sale Wed 2pm

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

@hi8is tool tix went on sale this morning, you grab any? tool army members get a presale code ;)

I think so lost my tool army membership info sometime in 2001 or whenever it started 😆

Usually for concerts now a days I just go in with a band or wait until the day of the show to find tickets last minute. 😆

Yahoo!

The key for buying scalped tickets, for those unsuccessful today, is to be patient and be able to walk away from a price too high. The electronic aspect of this may throw a monkey wrench into getting tickets at or after the start of the game, when scalpers are dropping prices to salvage something.

The good news for fans looking secondary is the fact that Houston and Tampa fans will not be driving up demand. Yankees or Boston would push up demand more, at minimum by their knucklehead fans living here, though Boston tickets were reasonable here in 2005 (lower bowl $75-$100). Angel tickets for the next round cost the same on the open market, even though the subsequent series is typically worth more on the open market.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1

I had gotten confused about how the playoff tickets were being sold, was trying to hedge in case they overtook Houston for the 2 seed, long story short I ended up getting ALCS tickets instead of ALDS because I'm a dumbass. I ran out of time for the ALDS tickets lol whoops. At least there was StubHub

The Ticketmaster process was a disaster. I had a 10 game voucher package so I got the code at 10 AM, but every time I tried to pick out seats, I kept getting an error message. I tried about 10 times and then just gave up and went to StubHub. Oh well. I guess this is what happens when there isn’t a home playoff game for 13 years.

57 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The Ticketmaster process was a disaster. I had a 10 game voucher package so I got the code at 10 AM, but every time I tried to pick out seats, I kept getting an error message. I tried about 10 times and then just gave up and went to StubHub. Oh well. I guess this is what happens when there isn’t a home playoff game for 13 years.

I got an error message on one of the tickets I was trying to buy but it worked out in my favor because I was actively fucking up (see above). When it bounced me out and I had to enter the queue again I realized I was trying to get ALCS Game 1 instead. I had to pay a little more on StubHub but it wasn't TOO bad.

3 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Anyone selling tickets to the first home game (Sunday)? Looking for two tickets

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Same here 

I'm selling 2 and wouldn't mind avoiding StubHub fees.  Sec 114, Row 21, Seats 1 & 2. (aisle) Red lot parking included as well. Feel free to PM me an offer. 

This is kind of an oddly specific question, but I bought 4 tickets on Stubhub for game 3 of the ALDS on Wednesday before we knew that the game would be played on Sunday. On Stubhub, it has the section and the row of the tickets that I bought, but a couple commas where the seat numbers should be.

Is this common or should I be concerned? Can anyone help?

Edited by YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

This is kind of an oddly specific question, but I bought 4 tickets on Stubhub for game 3 of the ALDS on Wednesday before we knew that the game would be played on Sunday. On Stubhub, it has the section and the row of the tickets that I bought, but a couple commas where the seat numbers should be.

Is this common or should I be concerned? Can anyone help?

I would start by contacting Stubhub.

12 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I would start by contacting Stubhub.

It says my tickets will be ready by the 6th or the 8th, so I’m hoping each ticket will have the seat number. I just don’t want to spend all the time and effort to show up only to have someone else in those seats. I don’t buy off of Stubhub that much so I’m not sure if this is a common thing or not. 

50 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

It says my tickets will be ready by the 6th or the 8th, so I’m hoping each ticket will have the seat number. I just don’t want to spend all the time and effort to show up only to have someone else in those seats. I don’t buy off of Stubhub that much so I’m not sure if this is a common thing or not. 

You might want to start getting on that. I bought some tickets to the Monday game against Oakland back in August. The tickets never came thru, I tried to call Stubhub, was waiting for an associate for over 2 hours before I got down to the ballpark. Once there, the box office said they could see the STH had put the tickets on Stubhub and they had sold, but couldn’t do anything about it. Ended up buying two additional Lower Corner seats just so I could access the lower level to sit in the seats just above the A’s dugout that I purchased on Stubhub. 

Had never had issues with Stubhub in the past, but according to Twitter around that time, that was happening a lot and people were sitting on hold for over 6 hours. I’ve been gun shy on them ever since.

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I've sold on stubhub before. They don't make you enter the seat numbers when listing tickets, only the section and row. That's probably why you're seeing that.

4 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

I've sold on stubhub before. They don't make you enter the seat numbers when listing tickets, only the section and row. That's probably why you're seeing that.

Thanks guys. It says the tickets will be ready by Wednesday so I might sit tight until then. Hopefully the tickets come through with the seat numbers and all is well. This system of not knowing the specific seats is idiotic though and I won’t be using Stubhub again in the future. 

Edited by YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!