YouTube TV & NBCSChicago...Ugh!

BrittBurnsFan

https://9to5google.com/2021/09/26/youtube-tv-price-nbc/

This would be aggravating!  Guess I would have to get another source of my White Sox if this happens!  I love YouTube TV but since I subscribed more than 2 years ago they went from broadcasting 5 mlb team's regional channels to my location to 1 (thankfully it is the White Sox)!  I used to get the Twins, Cards, Brewers, Royals and White Sox (Cubs too but they left for their own network obviously).  Anyway...hope YTTV and NBC figures this out!

4 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Yup this is a deal breaker for me it happens. I switched to Youtube TV after using it at my office for a while. Got my parents to switch from cable as well. 

Same...I influenced quite a few people to go with YouTube TV...and I might have to be one of the first of the group to bail out! 

58 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Also a YouTube TV user. I split an account with my brother and a friend. It looks like you can get Hulu TV for same price (also comes with a basic Hulu subscription). But for $6 more, you can get the package that includes no ads for Hulu.

One thing I love about YTTV is the unlimited DVR so we have every game recorded!  My kids love to back and watch the highlights...Goodwin's walkoff against Cleveland gets watched in my house weekly!

• Like 1

YouTube TV scuffled with Roku earlier this Spring too. Tweets and PR posts about them arguing over similar things. Ended up being a whole lotta nothing. I feel like this is a way for each side to "motivate their army of customers" to hate tweet/email the other threatening to leave and to blame one side or the other. 

1 hour ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

https://9to5google.com/2021/09/26/youtube-tv-price-nbc/

This would be aggravating!  Guess I would have to get another source of my White Sox if this happens!  I love YouTube TV but since I subscribed more than 2 years ago they went from broadcasting 5 mlb team's regional channels to my location to 1 (thankfully it is the White Sox)!  I used to get the Twins, Cards, Brewers, Royals and White Sox (Cubs too but they left for their own network obviously).  Anyway...hope YTTV and NBC figures this out!

When do we finally cut out service providers and just buy channels directly from the company that owns the channels?

1 hour ago, jasonxctf said:

YouTube TV scuffled with Roku earlier this Spring too. Tweets and PR posts about them arguing over similar things. Ended up being a whole lotta nothing. I feel like this is a way for each side to "motivate their army of customers" to hate tweet/email the other threatening to leave and to blame one side or the other. 

Yep, this is just part of the negotiation playbook. Putting out public statements against each other is always part of it. 

2 hours ago, jasonxctf said:

Google removed movies from Roku already. Once youtube goes, they'll be no way to get movies and TV unless you use Fandango or Redbox.

16 hours ago, jasonxctf said:

Yeah...but the last time this occurred with YTTV and a regional sports network provider I lost access to the Twins/Brewers/Cardinals/Royals and all the other professional teams in those regions!  I didn't like it but was OK with it...if I lose the White Sox...I am going to have to figure some things out!

13 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I cut the cord about 5 years ago.  It was a no brainer at the time.  It's no longer that obvious of choice.

Yeah, SlingTV was 25 and included NBC Sports Chicago a couple of years back.  I was more than happy.

Now you're telling me a $65 package is needed??  Wasn't youtube tv 50 before?  Slingtv got rid of nbc sports, and now it's 10 dollars more too.  I have the Disney bundle, but you just know that price will go up soon too.

Now, I borrow a family member's cable subscription to use the nbc sports app and HBO Max while sharing Netflix, Disney, etc., but you just know that they'll eventually lock the location you can use them in someday also.

This is literally reverting back to just being just like cable.  Bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

I dropped YTTV about a year ago.  Liked the service, but I live in MN and when they got into a spat with FSN and lost access, I went back to Comcast.  It ended up close to a wash cost wise because Comcast was bending me over the chair for internet without TV.  

For baseball, assuming you don't have blackout issues, MLB.tv is the easy choice.  I've used it for decades as an out of market fan.  I may actually switch to mlb extra innings next year, but that is moreso because for some reason I am unable to figure out, MLB.tv buffers on every tv in my new house except the living room.  So I am kind of stuck watching games there, which my wife certainly gets annoyed about.  I'd love to watch the Sox in my basement or bedroom, but it just skips too much.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I dropped YTTV about a year ago.  Liked the service, but I live in MN and when they got into a spat with FSN and lost access, I went back to Comcast.  It ended up close to a wash cost wise because Comcast was bending me over the chair for internet without TV.  

For baseball, assuming you don't have blackout issues, MLB.tv is the easy choice.  I've used it for decades as an out of market fan.  I may actually switch to mlb extra innings next year, but that is moreso because for some reason I am unable to figure out, MLB.tv buffers on every tv in my new house except the living room.  So I am kind of stuck watching games there, which my wife certainly gets annoyed about.  I'd love to watch the Sox in my basement or bedroom, but it just skips too much.

I live in east-central Iowa...MLB blacks-out the White Sox/Cubs/Twins/Brewers/Royals/Cardinals in my market!  I mean...it is ridiculous!  I would love to get MLB.tv but they obviously don't want my money with those restrictions! 

4 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

I live in east-central Iowa...MLB blacks-out the White Sox/Cubs/Twins/Brewers/Royals/Cardinals in my market!  I mean...it is ridiculous!  I would love to get MLB.tv but they obviously don't want my money with those restrictions! 

Yeah, the Iowa restrictions are brutal.  Sorry to hear that.  

• Like 1

They sent out an email this afternoon:

Our ask is that NBCU treats YouTube TV like any other distributor. In other words, for the duration of our agreement, YouTube TV seeks the same rates that services of similar size get from NBCU so we can continue offering YouTube TV to members at a competitive and fair price.

If NBCU offers us the equitable terms we are asking for, we will renew our agreement with them. However, if we are unable to reach a deal by Thursday, the NBCU lineup of channels will no longer be available on YouTube TV, and we will decrease our monthly price from $64.99 to $54.99 (while this content remains off our platform).

At that time, you can sign up for NBCUniversal’s own streaming service, Peacock Premium,* which NBC currently offers starting at $4.99/month to continue watching NBCU content, such as live football.

9 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

They sent out an email this afternoon:

Our ask is that NBCU treats YouTube TV like any other distributor. In other words, for the duration of our agreement, YouTube TV seeks the same rates that services of similar size get from NBCU so we can continue offering YouTube TV to members at a competitive and fair price.

If NBCU offers us the equitable terms we are asking for, we will renew our agreement with them. However, if we are unable to reach a deal by Thursday, the NBCU lineup of channels will no longer be available on YouTube TV, and we will decrease our monthly price from $64.99 to $54.99 (while this content remains off our platform).

At that time, you can sign up for NBCUniversal’s own streaming service, Peacock Premium,* which NBC currently offers starting at $4.99/month to continue watching NBCU content, such as live football.

Frustrating and terrible timing...I need my fix!  I would buy Peacock Premium but I won't get regional sports channel coverage with that right??

10 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

Frustrating and terrible timing...I need my fix!  I would buy Peacock Premium but I won't get regional sports channel coverage with that right??

No, but you can sign up for Hulu, FuboTV or DIRECTV stream and they have the regional sports channels, however they are more expensive. Pretty soon the regional sports networks are going to be eliminated from all the streaming services the way things are going. Lol

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

No, but you can sign up for Hulu, FuboTV or DIRECTV stream and they have the regional sports channels, however they are more expensive. Pretty soon the regional sports networks are going to be eliminated from all the streaming services the way things are going. Lol

Frustrating!  I would pay a bit more just for the regional sports channels...the rest of the NBC stuff I really don't care about!  That seems about the way things work for me...