YouTube TV & NBCSChicago...Ugh!

BrittBurnsFan

7 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

Frustrating!  I would pay a bit more just for the regional sports channels...the rest of the NBC stuff I really don't care about!  That seems about the way things work for me...

Maybe I’m wrong. Check the link below. It does say regional NBC Sports Network in the about section of the NBC Sports Group. I would contact someone over their to confirm though.

https://www.nbcuniversal.com/press-release/peacock-adds-nbc-sports-peacock-free-channels-0

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

The email they sent out about Peacock is great. I assume any of us who have Youtube TV can also download that app on our TVs/firesticks/etc. So all in all we will pay $5 less and have more content with Peacock. Good on you Youtube!

Edit: Attaching email if anyone missed it:

2nd Edit: Apparently we still don't get the regional channels so no Sox.... bah!

Hi DoUEvenShift,

‌We know that you love watching the wide variety of live sports, news, and shows available to you on YouTube TV. That’s why we have been working so hard to renew our deal with NBCUniversal to continue carrying their content on YouTube TV. However, since our agreement expires on Thursday, September 30, 2021, and we have not yet been able to reach an equitable agreement, we wanted to give you an early heads-up so you understand your choices.

‌Our ask is that NBCU treats YouTube TV like any other distributor. In other words, for the duration of our agreement, YouTube TV seeks the same rates that services of similar size get from NBCU so we can continue offering YouTube TV to members at a competitive and fair price.

‌If NBCU offers us the equitable terms we are asking for, we will renew our agreement with them. However, if we are unable to reach a deal by Thursday, the NBCU lineup of channels will no longer be available on YouTube TV, and we will decrease our monthly price from $64.99 to $54.99 (while this content remains off our platform).

‌At that time, you can sign up for NBCUniversal’s own streaming service, Peacock Premium,* which NBC currently offers starting at $4.99/month to continue watching NBCU content, such as live football.

‌While we would love every member to stay with our service, we understand that you may still choose to pause or cancel your membership. We want to make YouTube TV flexible, so members can pause or cancel anytime. We will give you updates as negotiations continue, and going forward, please continue to check this webpage for additional information and updates.

‌Please know that NBCU is an important partner for us, and as you can imagine, this is not the outcome that we want. We are still in active conversations with NBCU and are hopeful we can keep their content available on YouTube TV.

‌Thanks for your patience and for being a YouTube TV member.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

Edited by DoUEvenShift
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

Frustrating!  I would pay a bit more just for the regional sports channels...the rest of the NBC stuff I really don't care about!  That seems about the way things work for me...

7 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Maybe I’m wrong. Check the link below. It does say regional NBC Sports Network in the about section of the NBC Sports Group. I would contact someone over their to confirm though.

https://www.nbcuniversal.com/press-release/peacock-adds-nbc-sports-peacock-free-channels-0

Nevermind check out this press release below. Peacock Premium doesn’t include the regional sports networks.

https://thestreamable.com/news/is-peacock-enough-to-replace-nbc-programming-sports-if-it-s-dropped-by-youtube-tv

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I feel like that is their "general" NBC Sports channel though...not the regional one.  I suppose at worst it would only cost me $10 to find out though...just sign up and cancel immediately and get a commercial-free month of reruns of "The Office" and "Parks and Recreation"! 

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Nevermind check out this press release below. Peacock Premium doesn’t include the regional sports networks.

Looks like I may be doing some free trials of Hulu Live and whatever else is out there!  My kids will have to find other ways (YouTube) to re-watch our favorite memories of the White Sox this summer!

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Alright now I'm confused. The email made it seem like we would get live sports.  

Yeah...I think Google is making it seem like such a sweet deal for us if they drop NBC...which isn't the case for those who subscribe for the purpose of getting the sports regionals!

8 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

The email they sent out about Peacock is great. I assume any of us who have Youtube TV can also download that app on our TVs/firesticks/etc. So all in all we will pay $5 less and have more content with Peacock. Good on you Youtube!

Edit: Attaching email if anyone missed it:

Minus the station that shows the White Sox!  That is the only one I care about!

8 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

Yeah...I think Google is making it seem like such a sweet deal for us if they drop NBC...which isn't the case for those who subscribe for the purpose of getting the sports regionals!

Have you guys tried to download the NBC sports app and link your Peacock Premium account to it and see if that works? Not sure that's even possible, but that might be the work around.

• Like 1

I have long said cable is still better and things would shift back that way. That said my direct tv stream (previously att stream) works good with my bundle discounts and my taxes and fees are way less than when I had regular cable despite my user experience being exact same. With bundle discount basically same as before other than I can use device in two places which had helped reduce some costs for my mom but have easy access to my limited dvr etc. 

No contract so could always switch if they back up prices etc. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I have long said cable is still better and things would shift back that way. That said my direct tv stream (previously att stream) works good with my bundle discounts and my taxes and fees are way less than when I had regular cable despite my user experience being exact same. With bundle discount basically same as before other than I can use device in two places which had helped reduce some costs for my mom but have easy access to my limited dvr etc. 

No contract so could always switch if they back up prices etc. 

So does ATT cable no longer exist? I just logged on to check out the packages and it went right to DirecTV Stream. What’s the difference?

On 9/28/2021 at 4:28 PM, Marqhead said:

So does ATT cable no longer exist? I just logged on to check out the packages and it went right to DirecTV Stream. What’s the difference?

ATT spun off all their TV into DirecTV, they DirecTV stream is the internet component of that. They still have OG DirecTV

Edited by mqr

On 9/28/2021 at 2:31 PM, BrittBurnsFan said:

NBCSN and the White Sox are losers here. As people cut cable, the crazy fans like us will pay extra but soon enough more casual fans will just find other places to put their money.

Frustrating is a good word. Sad is another one.

It totally sucks that someone outside of the region is treated better than those in the region. 

Edited by Vacheron
  • Like 1

Anyone use Hulu TV? I currently split YouTube TV with 2 other people and we have not had any issues. Can you have 3 people watch at one time with Hulu live TV? Obviously this won’t be a problem for me until next season but my friend and brother (who I split with) like hockey.

Edited by manbearpuig