AND THAT'S A BENCH CLEARING WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

20 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It sucks that I can't watch the postgame show on MLB.tv

By far the worst part of MLB.tv.  Between that and having connectivity issues in certain parts of my new house, I think I am going to do the MLB package next year.  Its only marginally more expensive, and you get mlb.tv with it too.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

By far the worst part of MLB.tv.  Between that and having connectivity issues in certain parts of my new house, I think I am going to do the MLB package next year.  Its only marginally more expensive, and you get mlb.tv with it too.  

They have some networks' postgame show on it. I know they show the Bally pre and post game shows, but not for NBC Sports. 

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

While we miraculously could back end up with a 2 seed still, it would take virtually winning out to finish 3 games ahead of the astros, and them going 2-4.

Basically I'm saying let's go into the post season with our bullpen rested. But yeah I guess I'd rather have checked out someone like edwards jr who has been pitching ok in AAA.

edit: well the benefit of wright is he can go a lot of innings so if one goes away from us he can just be the guy pitching. 

The bullpen is going to be rested regardless.  They have M/Tu/Wed/Sat off next week.  

48 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Tony all fired up in the post game, dumped on Bruce Levine for asking a stupid question about what he said to the umpires after the game.

I don't know how Levine phrased the question, but I would have asked the same thing. Tony likes dumping on many people.

From what I've seen, these post-game interviews are peppered with soft questions. How about asking Tony this? Why do you keep sending out a pitcher who obviously can't pitch at the major league level? Why does your bullpen stink? How can you expect to compete in the post-season when no late inning lead is safe?

I hope there are no brawls during the last series. The Tigers are going nowhere. The Sox are going to the playoffs. They don't need suspensions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I don't know how Levine phrased the question, but I would have asked the same thing. Tony likes dumping on many people.

From what I've seen, these post-game interviews are peppered with soft questions. How about asking Tony this? Why do you keep sending out a pitcher who obviously can't pitch at the major league level? Why does your bullpen stink? How can you expect to compete in the post-season when no late inning lead is safe?

I hope there are no brawls during the last series. The Tigers are going nowhere. The Sox are going to the playoffs. They don't need suspensions.

He literally asked what he said to the umpire after the game.

• Haha 1

DJ said if he was a starter, he would want to play the remaining games to stay sharp in lieu of the three off days after the season, and also there will likely be a simulated game for the starters before the Houston series and work on fundamentals / defense.

Not as concerned with the results the final two weeks but rather players form, whether its hitters keeping/regaining timing like Eloy seemed to make progress with, injured players like Engel being able to start consecutive games. Grandal being able to start day after night last weekend, he may need to do that in round one with the fickle TV schedule.

Most important is Lynn being able to pitch through his knee issues and determining whether Rodon has anything left entering the first series. Kimbrel is the one player I'd consider resting beyond a lone weekend outing, as he has been overworked compared to his prior to seasons (36 innings 2019+2020 vs. 58 2/3 this year).

Edited by South Side Hit Men

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I'd like to see Keuchel do some bullpen work this weekend; he's not going to be in the playoff rotation, but he's tough and has postseason experience.  Considering how dismal the back half of this pen looks, Keuchel is worth a look back there.

The "back half" of the pen isn't going to be on the playoff roster.   I agree Keuchel should make a couple pen appearances the next 5 games as I don't see him making a start in the ALDS (hopefully at all - but may be necessary as I think Carlos is toast). 

But a playoff pen of Hendriks, Kimbrel, Bummer, Tepera, Kopech, Crochet, Lopez and Keuchel is far from dismal. 

“Go back and watch some of the things that went on in the ’70s,” Konerko said. “If you were playing in the ’90s or the early 2000s and you look back at the ’70s you’re like, shit, this is crazy. These guys are animals.”

“You’ve got to tip your hat to Jim because there’s a lot of guys you’d want to hit before Dean Palmer, let’s put it that way,” Konerko said. Palmer was listed in his prime at a sturdily built 6-foot-1, 210 pounds. Parque, self-admittedly the smallest guy on the team, was generously listed at 5-11, 170 pounds.

“I’m not going to lie, I was proud that I had enough — you know, I don’t know if you can use this one — but enough sack to go out there and drill their biggest donkey,” Parque said. “I think I earned a lot of respect from my team in that.”

23 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Do you really expect an honest answer? Do you expect TLR to say that he can't trust most if the pitchers in the bullpen the week before the playoffs start? 

Posters want the manager to support the players and not throw them under the bus in public. But they also want him to be transparent and honest.. He can't be honest and support his players at the same time.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I'd like to see Keuchel do some bullpen work this weekend; he's not going to be in the playoff rotation, but he's tough and has postseason experience.  Considering how dismal the back half of this pen looks, Keuchel is worth a look back there.

Unless there are more injuries, they will probably carry less guys in then pen than they have been, and will probably only start 4 guys, so they can carry an extra hitter.

Will guess Giolito,  Lynn, Rodon, Cease start, with Dallas going to the pen.  The rest of the pen will be Liam, Kimbrel, Kopech,  Crochet, Tepera, Bummer, Ruiz, and ReyLo.

Burr, Wright, Foster, Fry, etc are out.

I think they go, 

C. Yas, Collins

1B: Abreu, Sheets 

2B, Leury, Hernandez 

SS: TA

3B: Yo 

OF: Eloy, Robert,  Vaughn, Hamilton

Last spot to Engel or Goodwin if either is healthy.  If not, maybe they keep Burr. Surprise would be 3rd Catcher in Seby.

I've never seen two hitters in the batters box before. This is the craziest shit ever.

LOL - The announcer literally said "This is pretty wild shit."

Playoff brawl after Brett shoves Nettles sliding into third, and Nettles kicks Brett and Brett punches Nettles in the face before getting slammed to the ground and getting his ass whupped.

No ejections.

Definitely remember this one involving the great Ed Farmer. La Russa and Sparky jaw at each other.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

56 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t understand why it goes silent when they talk to the post game crew during the game. It’s odd to hear one side of a conversation or total silence  for 15-30 seconds.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Do you really expect an honest answer? Do you expect TLR to say that he can't trust most if the pitchers in the bullpen the week before the playoffs start? 

Posters want the manager to support the players and not throw them under the bus in public. But they also want him to be transparent and honest.. He can't be honest and support his players at the same time.

I don't expect any kind of answer. I'm just saying the questions aren't being asked.

28 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I don't expect any kind of answer. I'm just saying the questions aren't being asked.

That's why though. They know what kind of answer they'll get so why waste time. Spend the time on something you might get an answer to.

If we win the World Series this year they might retire 79 after the season as opposed to when Jose retires.

Because no one else is wearing it.

He's not going to be an MLB hall of famer, but between his American and Cuban stats, he's a baseball HOF'er. 

I call BS on the notion that Lange didn't hit Abreu on purpose. His postgame comments indicated that Abreu was crowding the plate because the first two pitches were away, and that's why the inside pitch hit him. I looked at the replay, and Abreu was not crowding the plate, and that pitch went way inside past that anyway. He's trying to cover because he doesn't want to get blamed for his infielder getting clobbered.

Pedro Martinez said it was 100% intentional and he would know.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1993
  • Thanks 2

I don't really care if it was intentional or not, now there's going to be a microscope on him being pitched tight like that, might help how he gets pitched in the future. To that end, as I mentioned in the other thread, there's a lot of talk on how brawls/ benches clearing can cause a team to play, but that was a team ready to defend Jose. If nothing else, I enjoyed seeing them defend their leader, because they wouldn't have reacted that way if he wasn't a team leader. That's as much emotion as I've ever seen out of Garrett Crochet, for one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heads22 said:

I don't really care if it was intentional or not, now there's going to be a microscope on him being pitched tight like that, might help how he gets pitched in the future. To that end, as I mentioned in the other thread, there's a lot of talk on how brawls/ benches clearing can cause a team to play, but that was a team ready to defend Jose. If nothing else, I enjoyed seeing them defend their leader, because they wouldn't have reacted that way if he wasn't a team leader. That's as much emotion as I've ever seen out of Garrett Crochet, for one.

Certainly the Manager was ready.  It was probably his finest moment of the year.

Why are the Tigers sending a message to Abreu though.?  And I agree it looked (and after listening to Lange say Jose was crowding the plate, also sounds) like it was intentional, but why?  What did Jose do?  He actually had a shitty game with multiple double plays, it wasn't like he was killing them.