9/28 Reds @ Sox 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

foulball.png

Unfortunately that's not reviewable because it's before the ball gets to the bag. You'd also think the umpire would scream foul ball and there wouldn't have even been a play at 1B. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

The most impressive part of the ReyLo outing may well be his pitch count.

I'd send him back out for the 6th with a very tight leash. If he's not maintaining his stuff, you pull him. The Reds hit a couple of balls real hard that last inning. 

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Man Lopez looks good, hoping hes our #5 next year.

Man, I'll go with no thank you on that one. A FIP of 4 isn't bad, but I'm not banking on 55 innings of 4 FIP reylo to maintain over a full season.

Results matter and happy he's doing well, but even tonight he's been more lucky than good.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Man, I'll go with no thank you on that one.

Results matter and happy he's doing well, but even tonight he's been more lucky than good.

Lopez has been a significantly above average pitcher this year in ERA, FIP, xFIP, xERA, strikeout rate, etc etc etc. By results, he absolutely deserves a shot in the rotation next year and even in the playoffs if Rodon can't go.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Man, I'll go with no thank you on that one.

This is easily his best outing since the 5 perfect innings against the Cubs. The Reds have a .195 xBA, so it's not like they're lining everything at people. 

I agree though, Lopez should be a backup plan next year. Not a 5th starter. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

This is easily his best outing since the 5 perfect innings against the Cubs. The Reds have a .195 xBA, so it's not like they're lining everything at people. 

It's pretty clear that he's a fundamentally different pitcher now. His mechanics are dramatically different than they were at any point until this season. He's never had a combination of stuff & command this crisp in his career until now.