9/29 Reds @ Sox 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

53 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This is as close to my preferred lineup as I think we'll get.  I'd put Eloy at DH and Vaughn in LF, but it ain't happening at this point. 

Sheets has been better than Vaughn.  Have to go with the hottest guys.  Hope Engel comes back in game form.  Don’t want to see Goodwin in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Question for those who say we can’t grade the Kimbrel trade yet: if Tepera can’t pitch in the post-season, this trade becomes an F, correct?

I would like him to pitch before the playoffs for sure but from my understanding, this is a finger laceration rather than an elbow. The cut just needs to heel a bit. I bet he throws before the playoffs start. 

22 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Sheets has been better than Vaughn.  Have to go with the hottest guys.  Hope Engel comes back in game form.  Don’t want to see Goodwin in the playoffs.

Ehhh....I agree you have to go with the hottest guys.  I agree Vaughn hasn't been great since returning (very SSS), or last month or so previous to hitting IL.  But Vaughn is the future. Sheets may be a future platoon guy on this team, but he's not a cornerstone of this roster.  Vaughn also was the best hitter on this team for about a 45 day stretch this summer.  

You also have the angle that Vaughn is better LF than Eloy, and I personally want Eloy at DH as much as possible.

I certainly get why Sheets would play over Vaughn against RHP.  Its just not how I would do it.  But I am a big time believer in Vaughn.  

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Ehhh....I agree you have to go with the hottest guys.  I agree Vaughn hasn't been great since returning (very SSS), or last month or so previous to hitting IL.  But Vaughn is the future. Sheets may be a future platoon guy on this team, but he's not a cornerstone of this roster.  Vaughn also was the best hitter on this team for about a 45 day stretch this summer.  

You also have the angle that Vaughn is better LF than Eloy, and I personally want Eloy at DH as much as possible.

I certainly get why Sheets would play over Vaughn against RHP.  Its just not how I would do it.  But I am a big time believer in Vaughn.  

I get this argument during the season when you really want to give guys at bats to gain experience and adjust and all that. Post-season though is a different animal. He will still get his PT against lefties. It’s fine.

Over the long haul the question is what to do with Sheets as he is only  DH-1B (not a good look in the outfield).  Whereas Vaughn is DH-1B-LF-RF and possibly 3B when necessary.

If Sheets hits a couple of homers in the postseason and the NL adopts the DH, he becomes a very desired trading chip 

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Enjoying a Goose Island Lost Palate at the ballpark....is there anything better than a cold beer at Sox Park?

Maybe a Cuban sandwich is next.

I'll try to bring home a Winner!!

Craft Cave rocks!  Best beer selection I’ve ever seen at any sporting event, concert, etc…