9/29 Reds @ Sox 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Luis Garcia getting destroyed. I'm guessing Astros will go McCullers and Valdez in the first 2 games. 

There are a ton of question marks with their pitching right now. I remember Pressly having a knee issue in the playoffs 2 years ago (I think?) and that's bothering him again. I'm sure Astros fans aren't feeling great heading into the playoffs, fwiw.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

There are a ton of question marks with their pitching right now. I remember Pressly having a knee issue in the playoffs 2 years ago (I think?) and that's bothering him again. I'm sure Astros fans aren't feeling great heading into the playoffs, fwiw.

That Astros core always gets going in the playoffs. They looked terrible for most of last year and turned it on in the playoffs. They were probably an Arozarena hot streak from going to the WS last year despite going under .500 during the season. 

Just now, chw42 said:

That Astros core always gets going in the playoffs. They looked terrible for most of last year and turned it on in the playoffs. They were probably an Arozarena hot streak from going to the WS last year despite going under .500 during the season. 

That is true, but their pitching is in a much different position than it was at this time last year. Last season was also only 60 games, obliviously. I don't think there's any chance in hell last years Astros team would have played .500 over a full season.

They're looking at 2 reliable starters right now with a very underwhelming bullpen. They very well might be able to flip a switch or bash their way through the playoffs, but on paper, that pitching staff looks really bad compared to the other AL contenders.

8 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Damn the Sox have an incredible core of young talent right now. They say the peak years for a baseball player are 25-30. The Sox have 13 guys within that age range who are major contributors. 

I think this year is the start of a 3-4 year window where they can seriously contend for a WS title. 

I’m excited at the idea of them adding a stud RF or 2B this offseason.  The core is phenomenal