9/29 Reds @ Sox 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He didn't throw many sliders comparatively.  You have to wonder if his elbow is bothering him.

I suppose fatigue is just not being able to snap things off as when you were stronger. He just can't recover to the point of feeling strong and fresh. The slider is probably the pitch that puts the most stress on his arm. If he can throw the change effectively he can be effective too.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I suppose fatigue is just not being able to snap things off as when you were stronger. He just can't recover to the point of feeling strong and fresh. The slider is probably the pitch that puts the most stress on his arm. If he can throw the change effectively he can be effective too.

Possible too.

Just now, brijames1957 said:

How active do you think the Sox will be in free agency this off season? Would they try to sign a Semien or Story? 

I'm sure a lot people will react cynically to this, and I get it, but the Sox had the 4th highest payroll in baseball in '06. There is precedent for Jerry spending *after* the team had success. I don't think it's pie in the sky thinking to expect them to seriously go after one of those 2 players. Especially when Nightengale (fwiw) was linking them to Story at the trade deadline.

4 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Without going back in the thread did Rodon look good? The numbers look good, but how did his fastball look? 

FB topped out at 93 bottomed out at 88 . Threw the change up as much if not more than the slider. He showed he had a good game plan and knows how to pitch. But if you are looking fpr signs of the fresh Rodon  that guy is gone.

• Like 1