Anderson vs. Moncada

Greg Hibbard

57 minutes ago, VAfan said:

I still think the Sox should explore moving Moncada back to 2B next season, and bringing up Jake Burger to play 3B.  Moncada's slugging numbers are pretty low for a 3B player.  If somehow he can return to his 2019 slugging numbers, I still make that move, because I think Burger will hit better than anyone else we have to play 2B.  He only had 42 PAs this year, but slugged .474 with a 119 OPS+.  

Then, if Moncada returns to 2019 form, I'd hit Anderson, Moncada and Robert 1-3.  I might do that anyway because Moncada scores better than he drives guys in -- 71 runs v 58 RBI.  I mean, Leury Garcia has 54 RBI to Moncada's 58 in 140 fewer PAs. 

lol I totally forgot Moncada was a 2B prospect when he came here. I mean I knew that, it just seems like forever ago since I last thought about it.

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

And we were a Machado signing away from him being the long-term 2B (or possibly moved to the OF I guess if he didn’t improve).

2019 changed everything for him and, ironically, I think is why there are still so many people who think he's not actually a good player when he really is. People think since he's not doing 6 WAR that he's dogging it or whatever.