Final weekend pitching probables

CentralChamps21

Lucas is the Ace of the staff, I expect him  slotted for Game 1 of the ALDS, regardless of opponent or location.

Jumping to a 1-0 lead in a best of five is huge, the Sox would have won if Keuchel was even decent, or the Sox had a third starter last season.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

I would love to see the Sox do this Sunday:

Starting lineup: Anderson 6, Robert 8, Abreu 3, Grandal 2, Jimenez 7, Moncada 5, Sheets DH, Engel 9, Hernandez 4

With 1 out in the top of the 6th, have Collins replace Gandal.

With 1 out in the top of the 7th, have Hamilton replace Robert.

With 1 out in the top of the 8th, have Garcia replace Anderson.

With 1 out in the top of the 9th, have Vaughn replace Abreu.

23 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Lucas is the Ace of the staff, I expect him  slotted for Game 1 of the ALDS, regardless of opponent or location.

Jumping to a 1-0 lead in a best of five is huge, the Sox would have won if Keuchel was even decent, or the Sox had a third starter last season.

I agree, Giolito will start Game 1. My thinking is Giolito for Game 1. "Ropech" meaning the Rodon and Kopech combination for Game 2. Lynn for Game 3 and Cease for Game 4. Then back with Giolito obviously for a Game 5. 

Edited by Soxsi75
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Soxsi75 said:

I agree, Giolito will start Game 1. My thinking is Giolito for Game 1. "Ropech" meaning the Rodon and Kopech combination for Game 2. Lynn for Game 3 and Cease for Game 4. Then back with Giolito obviously for a Game 5. 

This is what I would like to see also.

2 hours ago, Soxsi75 said:

I think you'll see 1. Giolito, 2. Lynn, 3. Cease 4. Rodon and kopech if he wasn't needed earlier or Lopez if he was.

39 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think you'll see 1. Giolito, 2. Lynn, 3. Cease 4. Rodon and kopech if he wasn't needed earlier or Lopez if he was.

This is most plausible in my opinion. Or Rodon and Cease flopped. I don’t see Rodon going in Houston, but who knows.

Can we fast forward a week?

13 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This is most plausible in my opinion. Or Rodon and Cease flopped. I don’t see Rodon going in Houston, but who knows.

Can we fast forward a week?

Agreed. Let get it rolling.

Although I do need one more regular season win to win the over 91.5 bet I made before the season.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

On 9/30/2021 at 8:20 AM, maloney.adam said:

The weather doesn’t look good for the weekend. Rain both days but Saturday looks to be the better of the two days. Lol

I don't want Lynn, with an iffy knee, anywhere near a wet mound!