Tim Anderson suspended 3 games

chw42

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He's appealing it and will serve 1-2 games at the beginning of next year.

He shouldn't be suspended at all. And if you're gonna suspend people, then I'm almost positive there were others in that pile who got a piece of the ump. Why single out one guy in all of that?

If anything, Abreu did more in all of that including pushing the ump to try and get to the pitcher and he gets nothing. Explain that.

Edited by SoxAce

16 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He shouldn't be suspended at all. And if you're gonna suspend people, then I'm almost positive there were others in that pile who got a piece of the ump. Why single out one guy in all of that?

If anything, Abreu did more in all of that including pushing the ump to try and get to the pitcher and he gets nothing. Explain that.

It makes no sense. There has to be something we can’t see in the video. 

17 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Still glad AJ Hinch isnt the manager for the Sox. Condones systemic cheating and throws at guys in meaningless games.

That's fine and all, but Tony has condoned, benefitted from, and defended cheating and cheaters his entire career, and is the one manager of the two suspended for the intentional hitting of Ohtani last week. So if you oppose both, that is a credible stance, though there is evidence of Hinch stopping the cheating condoned by his Front Office and mostly likely Assholes Ownership by destroying the video monitor used for the scheme, replaced by the FO / Ownership immediately after to keep the scheme going.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/jack-mcdowell-80s-white-sox-tony-la-russa-cheated/fac8vh3ph8vb1dkja2jox1n10

Former MLB pitcher and 1993 AL Cy Young winner Jack McDowell alleged in a radio appearance Friday morning that the White Sox had an illegal sign-stealing operation at old Comiskey Park in the late 1980s, and that Hall of Fame manager Tony La Russa was the instigator of the scheme.

"He was also the head of the first team ... with people doing steroids," McDowell said, referencing La Russa's decade-long stint as manager of the Oakland A's, which included managing infamous steroid users Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire. "Yet he's still in the game making half a million. No one's gonna go after that."

La Russa worked the past two seasons in a front-office role with the Red Sox (who are also under investigation on allegations of illegal sign-stealing) .."This stuff's getting old, where they target certain guys and let other people off the hook," McDowell said. " ... Everybody who's been around the game knows all this stuff."

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/la-russa-defends-mcgwire-and-steroids-legacy-laments-his-own-personal-life-in-tv-interview/article_127068e9-dca2-5ba5-a525-d2bef2c21a7b.html

Yeast my ass.

“Mark McGwire, who has been in my opinion very seriously tainted — and unfairly — Mark agreed that he used a little bit for a short period of time,” La Russa says. “Most of the stuff that he used, yeast extract, he used HGH (human growth hormone) for his heels. It wasn’t a prescription.”... “I think it’s a blip on the radar. I’ve been accused of (having) a blind eye. I don’t think so.”

It's not the shoes, or the heels, Tony.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That's fine and all, but Tony has condoned, benefitted from, and defended cheating and cheaters his entire career, and is the one manager of the two suspended for the intentional hitting of Ohtani last week. So if you oppose both, that is a credible stance, though there is evidence of Hinch stopping the cheating condoned by his Front Office and mostly likely Assholes Ownership by destroying the video monitor used for the scheme, replaced by the FO / Ownership immediately after to keep the scheme going.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/jack-mcdowell-80s-white-sox-tony-la-russa-cheated/fac8vh3ph8vb1dkja2jox1n10

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/la-russa-defends-mcgwire-and-steroids-legacy-laments-his-own-personal-life-in-tv-interview/article_127068e9-dca2-5ba5-a525-d2bef2c21a7b.html

Yeast my ass.

It's not the shoes, or the heels, Tony.

Never said that Tony was a good choice. Just said that I'm glad Hinch isn't

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I agree. Just saying what was reported.

1 hour ago, manbearpuig said:

The article I read said he bumped an umpire which is yeah, automatic suspension basically. I think he appeals and serves 1-2 games early next year.

Then how does Abreu avoid a suspension?  He was literally wrestling an umpire. 

Edited by ChiSox59

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Then how does Abreu avoid a suspension?  He was literally wresting an umpire. 

I think that’s somewhat up to the umpires discretion, in that case the ump initiated the contact to push him back. It looks like Anderson was charging ahead, so if he bumped an ump during that, Anderson initiated it.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I think that’s somewhat up to the umpires discretion, in that case the ump initiated the contact to push him back. It looks like Anderson was charging ahead, so if he bumped an ump during that, Anderson initiated it.

I suppose.  The TA thing just seems so silly.  Oh well.  Not too concerned about it as it doesn't affect the playoffs. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I suppose.  The TA thing just seems so silly.  Oh well.  Not too concerned about it as it doesn't affect the playoffs. 

Rules don’t always have to make sense when they’re collectively bargained, they are written to be acceptable to both sides. If TA did bump an ump in there, I can’t complain about his being suspended as that’s a well known rule - and Abreu not being suspended doesn’t change that. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is what blew my mind. Abreu is literally wrestling the ump at one point. But with no video evidence somehow TA got suspended?  Weird 

Video Evidence of Tim shoving Tim Timmons in the chest which pushes him back a few feet. Timmons immediately ejects Tim Anderson.

They better appeal this before the Detroit series, so Tim isn't suspended to start 2022.

13 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Video Evidence of Tim shoving Tim Timmons in the chest which pushes him back a few feet. Timmons immediately ejects Tim Anderson.

They better appeal this before the Detroit series, so Tim isn't suspended to start 2022.

They are appealing it SO he is suspended at the beginning of 2022 and not at the end of this year. They won't hold the hearing until spring training.

Edited by ptatc

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

They are appealing it SO he is suspended at the beginning of 2022 and not at the end of this year. They won't hold the hearing until spring training.

Can keep his timing fresh with a simulated game or two. Still don’t agree with starting the opening series next season with Tim on the bench. Could be a short season with another owner lockout, this one either over the CBA and or a third attempted Owner COVID lockout (2020 actual plus attempted Spring Training shutdown this season).

• Haha 1