Tim Anderson suspended 3 games

chw42

20 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That's fine and all, but Tony has condoned, benefitted from, and defended cheating and cheaters his entire career, and is the one manager of the two suspended for the intentional hitting of Ohtani last week. So if you oppose both, that is a credible stance, though there is evidence of Hinch stopping the cheating condoned by his Front Office and mostly likely Assholes Ownership by destroying the video monitor used for the scheme, replaced by the FO / Ownership immediately after to keep the scheme going.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/jack-mcdowell-80s-white-sox-tony-la-russa-cheated/fac8vh3ph8vb1dkja2jox1n10

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/la-russa-defends-mcgwire-and-steroids-legacy-laments-his-own-personal-life-in-tv-interview/article_127068e9-dca2-5ba5-a525-d2bef2c21a7b.html

Yeast my ass.

It's not the shoes, or the heels, Tony.

I still have yet to hear one explanation of what LaRussa was supposed to do about the cheating.  He has to follow the agreement with the Players Union which he had no part in negotiating. The Basic Agreement did not allow testing or discipline for PED by MLB, much less an individual manager.  I don't recall any manager of that era attempting to take matters in his own hands on this, and other teams had roiders.

Hinch on the other hand was well within his rights to fire his coaches involved in this. Front office wouldn't let him do it- fine go public with what you know.  Instead he chose to win the World Series.

Just now, ThirdGen said:

I still have yet to hear one explanation of what LaRussa was supposed to do about the cheating.  He has to follow the agreement with the Players Union which he had no part in negotiating. The Basic Agreement did not allow testing or discipline for PED by MLB, much less an individual manager.  I don't recall any manager of that era attempting to take matters in his own hands on this, and other teams had roiders.

Hinch on the other hand was well within his rights to fire his coaches involved in this. Front office wouldn't let him do it- fine go public with what you know.  Instead he chose to win the World Series.

For starters, he shouldn't have installed the scoreboard camera. Nobody forced him to lie about McGwire's use, or embrace him and hire him in his traveling crony hiring crew.

And he has zero credibility regarding beanballs, as a lifelong proponent of this, and actually condoning the hitting of his own player earlier this year for the violation of the only thing Tony is cognizant of these days, the "unwritten rules", Also doesn't go out to check on the players he actually gives a shit about getting hit, runs right past them to shove an opposing player or yell at the umpire about more unwritten rules bullshit. He needs to slither away this offseason.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

For starters, he shouldn't have installed the scoreboard camera. Nobody forced him to lie about McGwire's use, or embrace him and hire him in his traveling crony hiring crew.

And he has zero credibility regarding beanballs, as a lifelong proponent of this, and actually condoning the hitting of his own player earlier this year for the violation of the only thing Tony is cognizant of these days, the "unwritten rules", Also doesn't go out to check on the players he actually gives a shit about getting hit, runs right past them to shove an opposing player or yell at the umpire about more unwritten rules bullshit. He needs to slither away this offseason.

I disagree with the entire second paragraph. There is absolutely a reason for it. Whether you agree with the tactic or not, is another story. There was no reason for the one in Detroit the other day. None that I can remember anyway. 

11 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The scoreboard camera was bullshit made up by someone who wasn't even there.  Do you know how far the scoreboard was from home plate at old Comiskey?  The technology didn't even exist in the 80's to make that happen.  Take a look at the Sox stats from that season.  No one had an unusual season, in fact most everyone sucked.  The same guy who claimed to know it was going on in the 80's, when he was in college in California, also claimed to not know if the Sox were still doing it when he was actually on the team.  Great credibility.

17 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

And as far as McGwire goes- do you really think a manager should call out a player on his own team for something that was not against MLB rules at the time, and has no way of proving anyway?  Thought you were against the "unwritten rules".  Managers lose teams by doing that.

21 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I disagree with the entire second paragraph. There is absolutely a reason for it. Whether you agree with the tactic or not, is another story. There was no reason for the one in Detroit the other day. None that I can remember anyway. 

Yes, there was no reason for an intentional HBP, because it wasn't intentional. Ohtani was intentional, which is why Tony and Wright were suspended. Yermin was intentional beaned by the Twins. Tony celebrated it, condoned it, embraced it. Karinchak didn't intentionally hit Abreu. Tony intentionally attacked an opposing player. Tony would have stepped on Abreu to get to Perez if Abreu's body was in the way of his direct path to physically attack Perez.

In terms of Tony LaRouche devotee ThirdGen, Tony lied about a lifetime of steroid user before, during and AFTER he left the Cardinals, hired the disgraceful lifelong cheater player after his playing career was over onto his crony staff carousel. Also, Jack McDowell is far more credible than Mark McGwire and his MLB career enabler.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, there was no reason for an intention HBP, because it wasn't intentional. Ohtani was intention. Yermin plunked by the Twins was intentional, and Tony celebrated it, condoned it, embraced it. Karinchak didn't intentionally hit Abreu. Tony intentionally attacked an opposing player. Tony would have stepped on Abreu to get to Perez if Abreu's body was in the way of his direct path to physically attack Perez.

In terms of Tony LaRouche devotee ThirdGen, Tony lied about a lifetime of steroid user before, during and AFTER he left the Cardinals, hired the disgraceful lifelong cheater player after his playing career was over onto his crony staff carousel. Also, Jack McDowell is far more credible than Mark McGwire and his MLB career enabler.

I disagree with your scenarios that they weren't good reasons. You are assuming that everyone one of the ones against the Sox were unintentional. I'm going to say the people involved know a little more than you do. Yermin caused the reason himself by ignoring instructions from the manager. 

There was no cheating in the PED area as there was no rule against it. If that's your standard then every manager of all time is at fault as well. as none of them call out any of thier players for doing things that aren't against the rules. 

10 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I disagree with your scenarios that they weren't good reasons. You are assuming that everyone one of the ones against the Sox were unintentional. I'm going to say the people involved know a little more than you do. Yermin caused the reason himself by ignoring instructions from the manager. 

There was no cheating in the PED area as there was no rule against it. If that's your standard then every manager of all time is at fault as well. as none of them call out any of thier players for doing things that aren't against the rules. 

The bolded is false as written. Not only was it against federal law, but commissioner Vincent issued a memo/rule on the subject in the early 1990s outlining the rule, and the rule was recirculated in another memo by Selig in 1997.

What would be accurate is to say that there was no enforcement of that rule by MLB. 

"Major league players or personnel involved in the possession, sale or use or any illegal drug or controlled substance are subject to the discipline by the Commissioner and risk permanent expulsion from the game," the memo read.

"This prohibition applies to all illegal drugs and controlled substances, including steroids or prescription drugs for which the individual in possession of the drugs does not have a prescription."

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ptatc said:

MLB knows a little more than you do, and determined Tony's suspension this month, and Tyler Duffy and Rocco Baldelli's suspensions in May. There was absolutely no legitimate reason to throw at Yermin. He did nothing to harm or injure a Twin. It was solely on the basis of the neanderthal code La Russa embraces more than the actual MLB rules, or the team he is hired to manage. It was absolutely pathetic that La Russa not only did not attempt to protect his player, but actually condoned Yermin being hit, and then denigrated him for a week.

Again, LaRussa embraced and lied on behalf of the disgraced cheater years after both were out of the Cardinals organization. He didn't have to call him out, just say no comment instead of lying about his taking "yeast" and saying PEDs were for a short period for his injured heal, when McGwire took PEDs his entire career.

These comments were made a few years ago, not in the 1980s, not in the 1990s, not in the 2000s. Then again, La Russa is infamous for his revolting comments over the past decade.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ptatc said:

uhh steroids were illegal unless prescribed by a physician, the rule is inherent, there doesn't need to be a rule when we already have laws

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The bolded is false as written. Not only was it against federal law, but commissioner Vincent issued a memo/rule on the subject in the early 1990s outlining the rule, and the rule was recirculated in another memo by Selig in 1997.

What would be accurate is to say that there was no enforcement of that rule by MLB. 

Ok.  So there was a memo from the commissioner that they shouldn't do it. But because there was no agreement with the union they really couldn't do anything about it. Still sounds there effectively wasn't a rule against it.

I still don't hold the managers at the time accountable for something that wasn't enforceable. They would have lost the locker room in a second if they spoke out. This was the time when I was working in the league and believe me no good would have come from it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

MLB knows a little more than you do, and determined Tony's suspension this month, and Tyler Duffy and Rocco Baldelli's suspensions in May. There was absolutely no legitimate reason to throw at Yermin. He did nothing to harm or injure a Twin. It was solely on the basis of the neanderthal code La Russa embraces more than the actual MLB rules, or the team he is hired to manage. It was absolutely pathetic that La Russa not only did not attempt to protect his player, but actually condoned Yermin being hit, and then denigrated him for a week.

Again, LaRussa embraced and lied on behalf of the disgraced cheater years after both were out of the Cardinals organization. He didn't have to call him out, just say no comment instead of lying about his taking "yeast" and saying PEDs were for a short period for his injured heal, when McGwire took PEDs his entire career.

These comments were made a few years ago, not in the 1980s, not in the 1990s, not in the 2000s. Then again, La Russa is infamous for his revolting comments over the past decade.

You can look back at history a condemn everyone for everything all you like. It wouldn't have done anyone any good at the time and they would have lost the clubhouse and would have made everything ineffective. 

The league can suspend him but it mean that wasn't a reason for it. Did Lange get suspended for hitting Abreu? How many others where it was obvious were managers suspended.

And yes they all know more than me, but I'm not the one condemning people.

Edited by ptatc
  • Fire 1

Obviously Abreu getting hit is not intentional and Tony's bitching makes no sense, but if it makes one pitcher reluctant to throw in on him, it pays off.

I would tell Abreu to wear an elbow pad for several hours every day until he gets used to it. It may save him some IL time down the road.

23 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Obviously Abreu getting hit is not intentional and Tony's bitching makes no sense, but if it makes one pitcher reluctant to throw in on him, it pays off.

I would tell Abreu to wear an elbow pad for several hours every day until he gets used to it. It may save him some IL time down the road.

]another way would be get him to turn away from tight pitches instead of ducking. That's something for the off season though. Wouldn't help right now.