And that's a White Sox Winner!

joejoedairy

I wish I could remember which poster kept tracking Gavin Sheets through birmingham as I was like "meh can't hit for power as a 23 year old 1b who cares" because they hopefully are enjoying this.

That is just an unbelievably sweet swing the way only a left handers can be.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I don't care what anyone says, it is better that the team is ending the season on a good note. The playoffs are a new game, but I'd rather see the Sox playing like this than what they did in Detroit last week.

I don't think that's a controversial take 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Capital G said:

Is this our playoff lineup or do we still see hernandez at 2nd?

Gavin Sheets is clearly your DH vs RHP at this point. I don't see Vaughn starting vs RHP at this point. That leaves three options:

Engel in RF, Hernandez at 2B

Engel in RF, Leury at 2B

Leury in RF, Hernandez at 2B

I really think Hernandez is the odd man out, at least vs RHP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Gavin Sheets is clearly your DH vs RHP at this point. I don't see Vaughn starting vs RHP at this point. That leaves three options:

Engel in RF, Leury at 2B

Is Engel healthy enough to be on the ALDS roster? Remember that if he has to be replaced, he’s out not just for that series.

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

It is for some. Regardless, I am happy this team has a winning streak. It's been a while.

I'm not sure that was true. Some, like myself, maintained how a team is playing at the end of the year is not a crystal ball on how a team will play in the playoffs. Sure, its is preferable to be playing well going into the playoffs, but does not guarantee anything.  

Truly a lost season for Engel when most would have expected perhaps a few weeks out to start the season based on initial reports. He’ll make the roster even if he is limited to non consecutive starts, but any game he can play effectively at this point should be treated as a bonus.

We’ll have to wait and see regarding Vaughn’s status since he only had a pinch hit appearance vs. the Reds, and is 3 for 38 in September.

11 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Truly a lost season for Engel when most would have expected perhaps a few weeks out to start the season based on initial reports. He’ll make the roster even if he is limited to non consecutive starts, but any game he can play effectively at this point should be treated as a bonus.

We’ll have to wait and see regarding Vaughn’s status since he only had a pinch hit appearance vs. the Reds, and is 3 for 38 in September.

Yea.  If Engel is healthy I’d seriously consider giving him all of AV’s playing time.  All of it. 

• Like 1

This is just the way I saw it happening. Everybody was bummed the Sox kept losing but with the division a cakewalk  , resting guys was happening . I always said I had hoped the last 7-10 of the season , even after clinching the division, that LaRussa would start playing the regular lineup more to get them playing together heading into the playoffs.  They will probably finish exactly where I said they would in a post 3 weeks ago  when I said 24-29 games above .500.

3 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Engel in RF, Leury at 2B

This option please.  That was a good looking lineup out there last night....of course it didn't hurt that Sheets (batting 8th) hit the ball a country mile.

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is just the way I saw it happening. Everybody was bummed the Sox kept losing but with the division a cakewalk  , resting guys was happening . I always said I had hoped the last 7-10 of the season , even after clinching the division, that LaRussa would start playing the regular lineup more to get them playing together heading into the playoffs.  They will probably finish exactly where I said they would in a post 3 weeks ago  when I said 24-29 games above .500.

I've said all along, the advantage of having the huge lead was that they could rest players while most other teams were still wearing down the players. Now when all the other are resting their players, the Sox are gearing up and trying to go into the playoffs on a hot streak. Now, it guarantees nothing but it's preferable to having worn down players.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scs787 said:

What was Rodons velo at?

Would it be wise to throw him in game 1? This way you don't necessarily have to hang on to Kopech till game 3 or 4. 

Your game 1 starter is also your game 5 starter and both are on the road so I think that has to be Giolito. I would start Rodon in game 2 because Lynn is historically bad in Houston but the Sox see committed to Lynn starting one of the first two games.