10/1 Tigers @ Sox 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Lynn averaged 93 on his fastball last start and he's well above that tonight. I think this is the best and most comfortable he's looked on the mound in quite awhile.

This is a huge relief. I was worried he may not be 100% for the postseason. 

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

The fucking Astros are going to lose the next two while the Sox win just to give us hope and then pull the rug out.  Assholes. 

Dusty will definitely get second guessed if he continues to rest many regulars tomorrow, and they get swept. I'd play my starting lineup tomorrow, you get three days rest if you win one, lose the travel day by just winning one of two. Far more valuable than resting 5 days before a game.

I understand today, after celebrating yesterday, but Bregman, Alvarez and Correa need to play the next two days, or until they win a game. Oakland isn't going to lay down for them, they hate Houston more than the Sox.

Matt Olsen goes deep to make it 4-1.

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

The fucking Astros are going to lose the next two while the Sox win just to give us hope and then pull the rug out.  Assholes. 

Wish we did not giveaway several games in the 10 th inning with Hendriks running, bad bullpen management, failure to move runners over to third,lack of clutch hitting, etc,  we will end so close to HFA....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hankchifan said:

Wish we did not giveaway several games in the 10 th inning with Hendriks running, bad bullpen management, failure to move runners over to third,lack of clutch hitting, etc,  we will end so close to HFA....

The ~4-5 games Tony gave away pitching Keuchel 3rd time through the lineup are what frustrate me the most.

But being 7 games below .500 (!) in 1 run games whereas the Astros are +1 in them is where the Sox lost (most likely) the 2 seed or even a shot to compete for best record in the AL.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

The ~4-5 games Tony gave away pitching Keuchel 3rd time through the lineup are what frustrate me the most.

But being 7 games below .500 (!) in 1 run games whereas the Astros are +1 in them is where the Sox lost (most likely) the 2 seed or even a shot to compete for best record in the AL.

1-run losses are completely on the manager, just ask @Balta1701

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

1-run losses are completely on the manager, just ask @Balta1701

TLR had no sense of urgency or killer instinct to go for HFA.  Many games when we were down 1 in the 9th he never pinched hit with one of our “resting” stars and let scrubs like Mendick hit. TLR overdid the resting mode and also shut down any running game.  His bullpen management left a lot to be desired.  

• Like 1