Frank Thomas buys the Field of Dreams

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, sin city sox fan said:

Big Hurt Beer didn’t last long either.   Not sure if he’s an investor or just a spokesperson for the supplement company.

Probably both, his "chatting with big hurt" show or whatever it's called is basically an infomercial for the supplements with five minute Big Hurt interviews in between 

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Probably very little chance Frank had any of his own money in his restaurant or Big Hurt Beer. He supplies the name and gets a percentage.  It's generally how most of those work.

Two of my buddies worked there. He was at the restaurant regularly and had a big hand in the operation of it. From their understanding, his money definitely went in to it. 

11 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Two of my buddies worked there. He was at the restaurant regularly and had a big hand in the operation of it. From their understanding, his money definitely went in to it. 

Harry Caray and Mike Ditka were always at their namesake restaurants.  Neither had any money in it. Being there, supplying the name and mentioning the restaurant when on TV or the radio was their job for their cut. Restaurants run by people in the business who know what they are doing, usually fail. A restaurant with a ballplayer calling the shots has no chance.i really doubt Frank was making business decisions. 

Edited by Dick Allen

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

He was also involved in 2 restaurants in Vegas at one point.   Was a partner in a project called The Meatball Spot and owned a food truck outside Harrah's Carnaval Court (think it was called Big Hurts Snack Bar or something like that).

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, KennyPowers said:

That's too bad. I understand why they are doing it but to watch an MLB game in the atmosphere and environment was truly a great experience. Not to mention my wife and I went there on our honeymoon and met people and actually took turns hitting on the diamond even before the MLB park was there.

Now I can sound really old for another reason,  "I remember when this was just a ball diamond in the middle of nowhere."

• Like 1