PhilRog bein PhilRog

Kyyle23

6 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Been reading comments from Sox Twitter most of the day. Never heard of this guy but what an idiot. 

Phil Rogers has been around since the mesozic era, IIRC he hatched from his egg a few years after TLR hatched from his.  Phil Rogers also used to be one of those guys at Baseball America IIRC who told us which prospects we had were good.  I will never forget about the "man-child" Juan Silverio.  Rogers used to just call up Amway salesman Dave Wilder with his Club Burn stuff and various other scams and ask him what to write, and Rogers would just say whatever Wilder told him to say.

Ah, the good old days.... 🤢

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

You have never heard of Phil?  Do you live in Chicago?

5 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I was about to ask how old the poster is and where they are from haha

29. Born on the southeast side but moved out of state as a kid. Back in the SW burbs now but that is recent.

7 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Rogers didn't mention that the cost of a White Sox game went up 24% this season.

He didn't mention a lot of things.  Although having gone to four games this season I would say it was super affordable 

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 8:33 PM, The Mighty Mite said:

If this Bozo had done his homework he would have learned that since the lessening of Covid restrictions, the Sox have drawn very well, most of the weekend games in the second half have been either sellouts or near sellouts. 25,000 were on hand Tuesday night in a nothing game and on a school night. Last night 24,000 showed up and I will bet that the final 3 games against the Tigers will be near sellouts. Without actually crunching the numbers I will say that the Sox since the Houston series after the break have averaged close to 30,000 a game. Right now the Sox are 5th in the AL in attendance but the 2 Texas teams have had no Covid restrictions at all during the season and I'm thinking we would be ahead of the Rangers if there were no restrictions from the start of the season at GRF.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

He didn't mention a lot of things.  Although having gone to four games this season I would say it was super affordable 

Its much more affordable as compared to the team on the Northside. I just hope they keep it affordable and I hope they don't keep raising the prices in the future.

• Like 1

Maybe a bit off subject but one of the oddest things I ever heard from Bruce Levine on the radio was from years ago.  Someone called in unhappy about not being able to get playoff tickets.  Bruce's solution for the guy was to hang out at the ballpark and get to know people in the organization and that's how he'd get tix.  Thanks Bruce.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Maybe a bit off subject but one of the oddest things I ever heard from Bruce Levine on the radio was from years ago.  Someone called in unhappy about not being able to get playoff tickets.  Bruce's solution for the guy was to hang out at the ballpark and get to know people in the organization and that's how he'd get tix.  Thanks Bruce.

He also said the Sox losing the first game of the playoffs to the Mariners in 2000 was the best thing that could happen to them.

20 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Well he's consistent with his other analysis that I've seen.  As I recall, he judges the winner of trades as the team that received the most players.

To Phil's credit, if the Sox used that method of analyzing trades, we never would have traded Tatis/Johnson for Shields.