Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Marshall/Rodon info coming soon

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

 

What happens if he no longer is under consideration?  Keuchel?  Bad Sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Larussa says a lot of stupid things.  There should be no consideration.

There's no reason to tell Houston what pitchers they have to prepare for until MLB mandates it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Balta1701 said:

There's no reason to tell Houston what pitchers they have to prepare for until MLB mandates it.

exactly. Imagine thinking TLR is stupid for not letting them know who to prepare for, man we have some dumb takes here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

exactly. Imagine thinking TLR is stupid for not letting them know who to prepare for, man we have some dumb takes here.

prepare for?  How much film room do you really think our guys/their guys go through?  Can't be weeks worth on each pitcher.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

prepare for?  How much film room do you really think our guys/their guys go through?  Can't be weeks worth on each pitcher.

Um...The Astros have something of a sordid history involving their use of video.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

exactly. Imagine thinking TLR is stupid for not letting them know who to prepare for, man we have some dumb takes here.

I expect Rodon and Kopech will combine for 6-7 innings which is no surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Larussa says a lot of stupid things.  There should be no consideration.

What exactly would you like him to say? 

He was never going to say anything either way as he does not need to.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to lie, a little bit worried about all the fly outs Rodon converted in his last start. Do some of those turn into liners and homeruns against a stronger offense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

prepare for?  How much film room do you really think our guys/their guys go through?  Can't be weeks worth on each pitcher.

During the regular season, the team's advance scouts usually scout the opponent a week before they play them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

exactly. Imagine thinking TLR is stupid for not letting them know who to prepare for, man we have some dumb takes here.

yeah, Houston has no idea what pitchers are going to throw. It's top secret. Heard Black Jack might be coming out of retirement.

Serious question, do you think you go into the series differently as the Astros if Lynn goes game 1 instead of Giolito?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

During the regular season, the team's advance scouts usually scout the opponent a week before they play them.

Regular season is over. Advance scouts scout based on all pitchers in a rotation. The scouting report on the guys the Sox are pitching is out. The order of which they pitch is entirely meaningless. The Sox aren't going to be throwing some unknown arm out there. The Astros aren't going to prepare differently for the series based on the order the White Sox decide to throw their pitchers.

I've got no issue with LaRussa waiting - because who cares, honestly? - but playing this off as optimal strategy is comical. Nothing changes. The same guys are going to play. There are no secret weapons waiting in the wings that the Astros don't know about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Regular season is over. Advance scouts scout based on all pitchers in a rotation. The scouting report on the guys the Sox are pitching is out. The order of which they pitch is entirely meaningless. The Sox aren't going to be throwing some unknown arm out there. The Astros aren't going to prepare differently for the series based on the order the White Sox decide to throw their pitchers.

I've got no issue with LaRussa waiting - because who cares, honestly? - but playing this off as optimal strategy is comical. Nothing changes. The same guys are going to play. There are no secret weapons waiting in the wings that the Astros don't know about.

You think they do absolutely no advanced preparation for the teams in the playoffs? I haven't actually been in the league in a few years but I doubt they ignore everything and say "it's the playoffs, we can't prepare anything, just wing it."

the scouting they did mid-season for these pitchers could very well be different from the way they pitched early in the year. I guarantee there is more scouting and preparation going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

You think they do absolutely no advanced preparation for the teams in the playoffs? I haven't actually been in the league in a few years but I doubt they ignore everything and say "it's the playoffs, we can't prepare anything, just wing it."

the scouting they did mid-season for these pitchers could very well be different from the way they pitched early in the year. I guarantee there is more scouting and preparation going on. 

I'm not sure what you're asking. They're going to prepare for the pitchers they're going to face. The order they face them is pretty meaningless.

There are no games being played right now. The analysis of the data and information is being done for the series, not for the order the Sox chose to throw their guys. That's all I'm saying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Larussa says a lot of stupid things.  There should be no consideration.

Do you want his social security number too?  I mean as old as he is, it is probably like five numbers.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what is trying to be said is that Tony does have an advantage by not saying if Rodon or even Kuechel will be out.  If it is not announced, the Astros have to do some work on scouting/culling/analyzing/prepping etc ahead of time.  If they don't pitch or are ruled out later then that time and effort was wasted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm not sure what you're asking. They're going to prepare for the pitchers they're going to face. The order they face them is pretty meaningless.

There are no games being played right now. The analysis of the data and information is being done for the series, not for the order the Sox chose to throw their guys. That's all I'm saying.

right and any advantage that a manger/coach thinks they can get over another team, they will take. If its withholding who may be the starting pitcher on a given day or for a series they will do. 

Also, the report on the pitchers may be quite a bit different then it was earlier so it may something new happening right now, so the manager isn't going to give them anymore information to work with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Do you want his social security number too?  I mean as old as he is, it is probably like five numbers.

There were just over 1 million Social Security beneficiaries (8-1-44) when Tony La Russa was born.

Today, there are just under 70 million beneficiaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

I think what is trying to be said is that Tony does have an advantage by not saying if Rodon or even Kuechel will be out.  If it is not announced, the Astros have to do some work on scouting/culling/analyzing/prepping etc ahead of time.  If they don't pitch or are ruled out later then that time and effort was wasted.

Do the Astros really need to prepare for keuchel? If anything we should say we're pitching Dallas in hopes of the Astros throwing a party and getting too hammered.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cant imagine the level of 4D chess that TLR pulls on everyone when Rodon is our game 1 starter last minute and is throwing 98+ and dominates. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

cant imagine the level of 4D chess that TLR pulls on everyone when Rodon is our game 1 starter last minute and is throwing 98+ and dominates. 

I would love if Rodon somehow found that heater again 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it odd that Rodon would have a throwing day today if he wasn’t going to pitch again until Sunday? That just seems like a very long gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Is it odd that Rodon would have a throwing day today if he wasn’t going to pitch again until Sunday? That just seems like a very long gap.

Secret game 2 starter/opener?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×