10/2 Tigers @ Sox 6:10PM CT

Tnetennba

17 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I really wish the Rays didn’t blow that game a few days ago now. We still have a chance but I’m not expecting Astros to get swept.

The Astros clinched on Thursday so a loss on Friday isn’t all that surprising. You have to figure they amp up a little more to go win one game tonight.

It is very nice to see the White Sox playing with some focus finally.

Sox look good right now. I hated the play for most of August and September, but they’re clicking. Stuff TA was doing last night isn’t stuff he would even attempt last couple months. Robert stealing the other day. They’re getting ready to play their A game. Exciting stuff. 

• Like 2

With the exception of 2-3 too many punts in Sep, the Sox have handled  tempo, timing and injury rest spaces pretty well over the last half. Getting the momentum and chemistry right here at the end is looking like a smooth ramp-up. Even with the obvious concerns: Lynn's knee, Rodon's loss of velocity, Jimenez' stance/address challenges, this team looks as well prepped for the post season as any.
Hopefully, Robert (and the staff), doesn't get too tricksey with his approach and just continues doing what he does best. Just watching La Pantera go out there and have some real fun would be a joy to behold.

Edited by FoxForce2

8 minutes ago, ron883 said:

With Engel back and Gavin hitting well, Vaughn really shouldn't play against righties. It makes sense this year. 

Still kinda needs the ABs, he’s in the middle of a pretty bad slump so I was hoping he’d break out of that this weekend so they platoon him against LHP come next week. Oh well he’ll play tomorrow I’m guessing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Still kinda needs the ABs, he’s in the middle of a pretty bad slump so I was hoping he’d break out of that this weekend so they platoon him against LHP come next week. Oh well he’ll play tomorrow I’m guessing

Sadly, Leury and Engel are ahead of Vaughn even vs LH pitchers. 

10 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

No time for it. The playoffs are here and if you can't hit you can't play. Vaughn will have a whole offseason to work on things and he will have a chance for next year. He will also get at bats in the post season against lefties at DH. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

So if the don’t get it in do they play two tomorrow or could there be a possibly of something like HOU ending 93-69 and the Sox 93-68?

afaik if a playoff seeding is at stake, they always make up the game, or play an extra one

10 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

afaik if a playoff seeding is at stake, they always make up the game, or play an extra one

I'd rather they schedule it for Monday and only play it if the Astros lose the next 2.