TLR anticipates Keuchel pitching in relief tonight

joejoesox

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Generally this also probably means they expect Rodon to make a start.

I would consider Michael Kopech (3 innings) or Reynaldo Lopez (3-5 innings) over Keuchel at this point for a playoff opener/start. Keuchel would actually be a good contrast to Kopech for once around the lineup after Kopech opened. Can also cover a large deficit, unexpected injury or a game into the 11th + inning.

49 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Generally this also probably means they expect Rodon to make a start.

That's what I thought as well....he looked good last time out but then they made statements that seemed to cast doubt on whether he would be playoff ready.  I would guess Hard Carl gets game 3.

I think for the last three games, the pitcher usage was/is pretty much pre-scripted to get everybody a certain number of innings, regardless of the score of the game. Thus you saw Kimbrel and Liam last night even with a huge lead.

Funny how you spend 159 games trying to keep your pitchers rested, then in your last 3 you're trying to find them all innings because you have 3 days off coming up.

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I think for the last three games, the pitcher usage was/is pretty much pre-scripted to get everybody a certain number of innings, regardless of the score of the game. Thus you saw Kimbrel and Liam last night even with a huge lead.

Funny how you spend 159 games trying to keep your pitchers rested, then in your last 3 you're trying to find them all innings because you have 3 days off coming up.

They are also about to have 3 days off so if they haven’t pitched in a few days, you pretty much want to pitch them this weekend.

Keuchel has value on the roster but only as a Starter.  I think if Rodon had not been able to go Wednesday and his status was in doubt, it's no question that Keuchel would make the roster.  However Rodon looks fine and will likely start Game 4.  I don't see it with Keuchel.  ALCS is a different story.

I feel for him, but he has no place on this roster for the ALDS. He won't start if Rodon can suit up and he ABSOLUTELY cannot pitch out of the pen. He doesn't have "swing and miss" stuff so you can't put him in to stifle a rally..... lefties crush him so he isn't a situational reliever...... he is only a mop up guy. That's a roster spot that can be used more effectively. Let him sit in the dugout and support his team and maybe lend some insight on the Houston hitters.

• Like 1